Join now - be part of our community!

Moving from A200 to A57

profile.country.en_GB.title
Desmond56
New

Moving from A200 to A57

I have an Alpha A200 and the latest cameras are Axx series like A57. Can I use all my leses on the new cameras or do I have to start ALL OVER AGAIN? Is there los of fuctionality and are the later lenses (not compatable with older cameras) better? If so in what way.

Desmond.

3 REPLIES 3
eddieitman
Explorer

Yep you can use all of your lenses, take in to account that some older Sigma lenses may not work 100% but anything minolta /tamron / sony should be 100% ok 

Do it the a57 is leaps and bounds better than the a200 

efezgin
Explorer

Step up from sony a200 to a57 is huge and i am pretty sure you will be amazed with what you get.Lenswise,yes some of the new lenses are obviously better than the old ones as they are built with new technology and supports some in-camera features,but i still love my old minolta lenses and the results i get from them are just as good as the ones i get from ym new lenses.

cowieis1
New

Hi, I just upgraded from A200 to A57 last week, and already I am full of enthusiasm for my new camera, it is miles better than the 200 ( don't get me wrong, the 200 was a good camera ) but the 57 is in a class of it's own. I did think about the A58, but after reading reviews, I soon changed my mind. I haven't done any serious photography yet with the 57, I have only messed about with it so far, but i am alredy hooked, and looking forward to getting into some serious stuff. Good shooting to all.:smileywink:

Cowieis1