Join now - be part of our community!

Nex 6 lens connection issues

profile.country.en_GB.title
MagPaterson
Visitor

Nex 6 lens connection issues

Hi,

I recently bought a new NEX-6 and have paired it with a SEL18200LE Lens. I've been getting problems with the camera losing its connection to the lens, this results in the camera not being able to take a photo, until I unlock the lens and relock it into place. What would people suggest? Its getting a little bit frustrating.

Typically I bought them when on holiday, so taking them back to the shop is a bit tricky.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Mick2011
New

Hi Mag, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It sounds as if the lens isn't making a good electrical contact with the camera body. Have a look and see if there is any dirt or other contamination on the gold contacts at the rear of the lens or on the camera where the lens connects to the body.

It could be that this needs to be serviced to correct the problem - where did you buy it?

Cheers

Mick

MagPaterson
Visitor

Thanks Mike,

But I've already checked that. Its as if the lens is able to partially rotate when its fitted to the camera; so the connection is being lost that way. I wanted to check to see if it was a known problem before taking it into a shop.

Typically I bought it in Hong Kong, so don't fancy the 13 hour flight to take it back.

Regards

Mick2011
New

I've had this with lenses in the past; you can often get the mount flange modified slgihtly, or just work out where the lens needs to sit inorder to make a good connection.

It could be that it's not a difficult issue to resolve. Try taking the camera to a high street camera store and see what they suggest.

Good luck

Mick