Join now - be part of our community!

Nex7 next FW wishes

profile.country.NL.title
HowLiu

Nex7 next FW wishes

Thank you for the new FW. I love this camera form factor.

I like to ask some questions for future FW.

1) It would be GREAT to have intervalometer support via mini USB cable to handle proper timelapse functionality.

Im using a MX2 Stage One dolly from Dynamic Perception and currently electronics do not work together.

2) HDR with remote control functionality

Currently camera does not allow to shoot remotely HDR. this is truely missing option, since steady shot with tripod for HDR pictures is advisable.

these are my biggest wishs to use Nex7 for timelapse cinematography..

Message was edited by: HowLiu

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.nl_NL.title
wblink

Hello HowLiu,

I noted this list on another forum and I like it ....

Wish list for NEX-7W (for wireless)

1) Wireless connectivity and apps preferably 3rd party as well through an open API. Allow apps to install/run from SD card.

2) Ability to save up to 8 user settings and name/label them (a P&S mode for my wife, a panorama mode, an astrophotography mode, a sports mode, time lapse mode, etc). Perhaps make these saved settings custom scenes, so that they can be quickly activated. Or even better: add a physical preset button that cycles through these saved custom configurations.

3) Touch screen for menu navigation, focus point and metering point selection (separately).

4) Allow every menu item to appear in custom keys and more custom functions on custom key  (scroll them) or allow the creation of a custom menu tree.

5) Make iAuto a true Point and Shoot mode, resetting everything including setting Auto-Focus mode, turning peaking off etc. or even better: add such a P&S mode/custom scene in addition to iAuto (see also #2)

6) Keep the tri-navi - I love it.

7) Give the tri-navi dials a function in iAuto mode, for example program shift, digital zoom or picture effects.

😎 In addition to disabling the video button, add an option to have to press the video button 2 times quickly to start video and relocate the button.

9) Add an option to easily focus on infinity (to be assigned to a menu or button).

10) Extend AEB to 3 or 5 exposures with up to 2EV difference between them and allow a single press of the shutter release button to make all exposures.

11) Allow upper and lower Auto-ISO limits to be set.

12) Take wireless control out of the current menu and allow wireless control of the camera while selecting AEB or burst mode for example.

13) Allow users to set the colors of the UI. Astro-photographers will want to set the colors to red for example, to preserve their night-sight. Also allow a MUCH dimmer display.

14) Implement Focus bracketing with 3-5 shots (1-2 pictures with focus behind and 1-2 in front of focus point + focus point itself).

15) Faster AF and better low-light AF using a different and more effective type of AF-assist method (laser pattern? hologram AF?).

16) Option to automatically move to the next picture when selecting pictures in play mode. This could be done after the user moved to the next picture. The direction will be kept and the cursor will move to the next photo in the same direction after selecting a picture.

17) Customizable buttons in PLAY mode, for example to delete pictures or enter a selection.

18) Make the built in flash able to control another flash wirelessly.

19) USB3 speed connectivity.

20) Allow wire-trigger via USB for example.

21) Allow full camera control via an app on iOS and/or android - including live-preview and review after shooting.

22) Predictive AF for burst shots of moving subjects (Canon's "servo-AI").

23) Allow user defined lens profiles for vignetting-, chromatic aberration- and distortion-compensation and allow users to select the current lens profile to be used. The profile could be made by making multiple pictures of a certain printable pattern at different apertures/focus combinations.

24) More high-end G-series e-Mount (zoom)lenses with f/2.8 fixed.

25) Higher capacity batteries.

26) Make the camera aware if somebody is holding it to shoot or if it is hanging around a neck (to allow better standby initiation / avoid unnecessary focus hunting).

27) GPS or an option to get the current location from an app running on an iOS or android device.

28) Keep the EVF and the flash - love it.

29) Focus trap (release when something is in focus in a focus point)

30) Exposure stacking in all PASM modes with user selectable ISO (like HHT currently, but then in all modes).

31) Allow re-use of the dark frame when shooting multiple shots with longer exposure.

32) Add time-lapse functionality (after x seconds, take y shots every z seconds with exposure abc and optional AEB)

33) Allow USB power to power the camera.

34) Faster charger.

35) Allow backup of settings to SD.

36) In-camera purple/green CA correction in addition to cyan/red.

37) Focus stacking (for macro: fuse the sharpest parts of 3 or 5 shots with different focus allowing low ISO, acceptable shutter speeds and avoiding diffraction at high apertures)

Message was edited by: wblink

Willem
NEX6