Join now - be part of our community!

PC world mistake on cashback for lens

profile.country.GB.title
susurin
New

PC world mistake on cashback for lens

I bought Sony EF50 f/1.8 lens for £225 with £150 promise of cashback. It was too good deal to believe. And I was trying to claim my cashback I found out that there is no such deal with Sony. I went back to PC world - they didn't have anything about this lens on their website. I phoned tham and they said if I have an evidence of cashback offer (eg screeen shot) they will give it to me. Sadly I don't have a budget of £225, so returning the lens, but wonder if someone else has the same problem and may be was wiser and took the screenshot.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @susurin and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Who promised the cashback?

Also where did you see the cashback offer?

profile.country.GB.title
susurin
New

It was advertised on PC World website. And cashback supposed to be with Sony. However, when I received the lens and tried to claim it I realised that Sony doesn't offer cashback for this lens. So I went to PC World website to double check, but there was no mentioning about this lens (like they never had it). When I phoned they said they sold out it, that why I can't find this lens on their website.

Before I bought, I had even gone to the local store to check if they have it and if the offer is valid. I showed it to one of store assistant and asked to get me one, store didn't have available, assistant tried to order one for me, but their system wouldn't allow it (which is wierd!) - so I was told to go and order from home - and that what I did.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I'm sorry to hear that. 😞

It seems that PC World won't do anything

without the advert showing the offer.

I would definately get a refund on the lens (which is a shame)

but maybe you could put the money to a different lens that

actually is in the promotion?