Join now - be part of our community!

show time and date on nex5

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
KITTCAT
Visitor

show time and date on nex5

hi all,

I have a nex5 and would like to show the time and date in the video i take do you have any idea how I ...

A. set the NEX 5 up to show the time and date when recording either video or stills.

B. any idea of how to capture from the NX 5 and move to my MAC book pro

C. do i need any special software to do the editing ?

cheers for your help...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello KITTCAT - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

To answer your questions in order:

a) Unfortunately, there is no feature within the camera that will superimpose the date and time onto your still images and videos. This is however something that can be done with software and a good free version is called Photo Dater which is available for PC. If you wish to do the same on a Mac, this may also be possible in iPhoto or there is a free alternative available called Exiftool. For both systems, there are other alternatives that you can find on Google by searching for 'Free Date Stamp Software'.

b) and c) This should be possible by using iMovie and iPhoto on a Mac. If you are having trouble getting the files to import correctly, please let me know the version of iMovie/iPhoto that you are using and I will check it out. Having said that, for the photo files at least, you may find that it is a good idea to purchase a basic USB memory card reader as this will give you a simpler way to move photos from the memory card directly to the computer.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello KITTCAT - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

To answer your questions in order:

a) Unfortunately, there is no feature within the camera that will superimpose the date and time onto your still images and videos. This is however something that can be done with software and a good free version is called Photo Dater which is available for PC. If you wish to do the same on a Mac, this may also be possible in iPhoto or there is a free alternative available called Exiftool. For both systems, there are other alternatives that you can find on Google by searching for 'Free Date Stamp Software'.

b) and c) This should be possible by using iMovie and iPhoto on a Mac. If you are having trouble getting the files to import correctly, please let me know the version of iMovie/iPhoto that you are using and I will check it out. Having said that, for the photo files at least, you may find that it is a good idea to purchase a basic USB memory card reader as this will give you a simpler way to move photos from the memory card directly to the computer.

Thanks,

Simon