Join now - be part of our community!

sony a350

profile.country.en_GB.title
LUNADEXTER
Visitor

sony a350

I have had my sony350 alpha for 3 years but today i tried to use it and it has started making jarring and vibrating noises like shutter is stuck and will not fire.I have tried taking battery out,replacing lens and changing settings to no avail can any one help?

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello LUNADEXTER - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

First of all, I would take a closer look at the shutter/mirror within the body to see if you can identify any blockages, dirt or foreign objects in there that may be interfering with the mechanism. If possible, try using a handheld air blower (the 'squeezable' one) to try and clear any debris.

If it is still not functioning correctly, this may indicate that there is a more serious internal fault within the body and this would need to be looked at professionally. To get an idea about repair costs, you could try contacting Sony Customer Services first of all before getting quotes from other independant camera repairers. The Sony contact details are in this thread:

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Thanks,

Simon

LUNADEXTER
Visitor

I did as you suggested and removed lens and cleaned all internal workings with air.The shutter button had already started to fire again but i am still getting this whirring sound.If i remove lens and turn camera on i don't get it but as soon as lens is back on and turn camera on and off i get the noise back!! It is taking the pictures ok shutter seems to be firing easily after the initial whirring when the camera is turned on i admit i am at a loss i have been taking pictures for over 30 years and used many different cameras and this is a first for me. Many thanks for your input.