Join now - be part of our community!

Sony A99 and Tethered shooting

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
silawre
New

Sony A99 and Tethered shooting

Hi,

I am thinking of buying the A99 and having read a lot of review I cannot find any mention of tethered shoot options.  Does the A99 support tethered shooting?

Si

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello silawre :slight_smile:

From what I have read, the update version of Remote Camera Control that is supplied as part of the software package with the A99 will allow tethering when attached to a computer. I am taking this information from the following quote:

Q: Tethered shooting with this camera? Or how about wirelessly?

A: SLT-a99V is supplied with an updated version of Remote Camera Control which allows tethered shooting with both Windows and Mac OS computers. There is a sensor for wireless remote controls (including newly announced RMT-DSLR2), Eye-Fi cards are supported, but there is no internal WiFi.

Which is available in a discussion from the Sony Electronics account user on flickr here:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/sonycameraclub/discuss/72157631535310970/

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello silawre :slight_smile:

From what I have read, the update version of Remote Camera Control that is supplied as part of the software package with the A99 will allow tethering when attached to a computer. I am taking this information from the following quote:

Q: Tethered shooting with this camera? Or how about wirelessly?

A: SLT-a99V is supplied with an updated version of Remote Camera Control which allows tethered shooting with both Windows and Mac OS computers. There is a sensor for wireless remote controls (including newly announced RMT-DSLR2), Eye-Fi cards are supported, but there is no internal WiFi.

Which is available in a discussion from the Sony Electronics account user on flickr here:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/sonycameraclub/discuss/72157631535310970/

Thanks,

Simon

silawre
New

Thanks Simon that is a big help.

Si