Join now - be part of our community!

Sony A99 - My first impressions

profile.country.en_GB.title
silawre
New

Sony A99 - My first impressions

I recieved mine today and I have to say it has only been a few hours and  I am already blown away.  The camera felt easy and comfortable to hold,  more so than my A850.  I got go grips with the controls quickly,  whether that is because I am a A77 owner I do not know?

I love  the fact that the program dial is locked on your choice and you have to  press a button in the middle to release and change program.

I've only used the camera with my 16-35mm lens so far but AF seems quick and it has not failed to find the subject yet.

I  own a A77 and A850 and the one thing that makes this camera stand out  from them is the ISO performance, it is almost night and day.

The photograph below was taken at ISO 4000 and has not been processed in any way.

_DSC0021.jpg

Anyone considering upgrading and have full frame compatible lenses should seriously consider the A99.

Si

5 REPLIES 5
Mick2011
New

Wow Si - that is seriously impressive low light performance :anguished:

You might never need flash again!

I'm now frantically trying not to justify buying one...

Mick

silawre
New

Hi Mick,

You are fighting a losing battle, give in lol you know it makes sense.

Si

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hi silawre :slight_smile:

Going back to a previous discussion we were having about tethering on the A99, is this something that you have been able to try yet? I just wanted to ask as this is a question that I have often seen on this forum.

Thanks,

Simon

silawre
New

Hi Simon,

I have not tried the tethering option yet but as soon as I do I will let you know.

Si

profile.country.GB.title
mikeyp2000

Hi

I tried my a99 tethering and it works just like on the a700 and a900.  Thankyou Sony!