Join now - be part of our community!

Sony SAL 70-400 G lens

SOLVED
kevwheel
New

Sony SAL 70-400 G lens

Hi, my 70-400 G lens has suddenly stopped focusing. I've checked it on another body and also checked another lens on main camera body (A77ii) to confirm it is a problem with the lens.

The symptons are that in autofocus it simply wont focus. If I put it into manual focus, the focus ring will turn but the focus distance in the focus distance window wont go past about the 8 feet/2.5m position. It will seem to manual focus from the closest distance to the 8'/2.5m mark.

I have checked the focus limit switch (full or 3m to infinity) and the position of this switch doesnt make a difference, the problem still exists.

Has anybody got any ideas as to what the problem may be and if necessary, where I could get it repaired as the sony site is not helpful for finding service centres for lenses.

Thanks

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kevwheel
New

Many thanks, Sony support have called me this morning and sent an address and instructions for getting it repaired.

:slight_smile:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Kevin,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

I have passed your comments on to one of our contacts within Sony in a hope that someone will contact you to assit you with your problem..

Please keep us updated..

kevwheel
New

Many thanks, Sony support have called me this morning and sent an address and instructions for getting it repaired.

:slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Excellent, glad I was able to help..

S.O.D.63
Explorer

Hi my Sony 70-400 G lens has started to produce out of focus photos i have checked it on another body to comfirm i am using A77ii with the lens and up to now ha produced excellent clarity shots. Can someone please give me advice on where to have it repaired. 

i'm from Derby England.

Thanks Steve

S.O.D.63
Explorer

I have the exact same problem 70-400 G ,Could you pleas poit me in the right direction to get it repaired. I am based in Derby.

Thanks