Join now - be part of our community!

UWA for a Sony A37

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
YS0203

UWA for a Sony A37

I am thinking of adding an UWA lens to my (very) small collection of lenses and have been steered towards a Sigma 10 - 20mm f3.5 but have been reading some reviews which suggest that the Sigma 10 - 20mm f4/5.6 might be a better (and cheaper) option.  I did see a Sony lens on lens hero but as I'm a beginner I have no idea whether or not this is suitable for my camera.  I want to take nice sharp landscape shots, can anyone suggest some options as I have a limited budget.  I'm new to photography and would welcome some advice.

With thanks.

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bieomax

the widest lens i have is a sony 16-50 2.8 which i know has some distortions at the wide side, but this can be corrected in post if you use something like lightroom, this can be picked up for about 5-600 new or 300 second hand.

for even wider i couldn't comment, i dont know if i can suggest this but dyxum have a very nice lens database with user reviews on most A mount lenses, and they are also a helpful community on the forum side for the A mount camera's

Kind regards

Mark.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bieomax

the widest lens i have is a sony 16-50 2.8 which i know has some distortions at the wide side, but this can be corrected in post if you use something like lightroom, this can be picked up for about 5-600 new or 300 second hand.

for even wider i couldn't comment, i dont know if i can suggest this but dyxum have a very nice lens database with user reviews on most A mount lenses, and they are also a helpful community on the forum side for the A mount camera's

Kind regards

Mark.

YS0203

Thanks very much. I will have a look at the one you suggested and also at
that site.

Cheers.

Take a look at Sigma's 8-16mm UWA, it is a lot of fun to own. I had one before moving to FF system and it hardly left my camera, then a Sony A77.  It is the widest zoom lens for a Sony A mount, you would have to go prime and fisheye to better it.

Si

Life, The Universe and Everything
YS0203

Si,

Thanks for that I will have a look at that lens.

Yasmin