Join now - be part of our community!

With my Sony a200 the first shot is black

profile.country.en_GB.title
pacampb75
Visitor

With my Sony a200 the first shot is black

Any ideas what is causing the first photo I take to come out black? I also notice at times that the pictures (outside) are bleached out and then they are suddenly fine without any settings changes. Is it problems with the sensor? Many thanks

Message was edited by: pacampb75

2 REPLIES 2
Mick2011
New

Hi pacampb75, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

To rule out the possibilty of a mode selection error, try a system reset: on the right under the 'spanner' icon it should be item #3. This won't reset your filenumber counter, just the camera settings.

If it's the same after that it could be either a lens, mirror or shutter issue. The bleached edges suggest you may have a light leak..? Check the lens mount is secure. Otherwise it could need some servicing.

Sensor problems tend to be much more pixel-specific, ie lines, bars and spots rather than global or transitional stuff so I think you can rule that out..

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Mick

pacampb75
Visitor

Thanks, Mick2011

I tried the reset and it didn't make any difference, however I have read about this problem on at least one other model and the contributors to that particular forum (not on here), couldn't come up with a reason or solution. Maybe it will need a service, but it would be nice to know what is actually causing it. The first image is completely balck and the bleached out images are fully bleached out not just the edges, I didn't expelain well, but I meant when taking them outside! Pleased to hear that it isn't the sensor!

Thanks for your response!

Pcamp

PS I have since found out there is a fault with the slider unit and it needs to be replaced. It has been a problem with a lot of 2009 models.

Message was edited by: pacampb75