Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to be clear, the update for Ireland and EU is NOT an over-the-air update.  You must update the TV via USB Drive.

profile.country.IE.title
EggDublin

@Anonymous

Thanks for that. It's a big leap in numbers - do you know if it does any more than what's listed on the Sony

site?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EggDublin - yes - improves the stability of the tv :wink:  

I cant remember if you were also having a problem with 3D and the screen format issue - but that should also be resolved.

mk1.golf.1983

I'd also be interested in the Irish/Euro update as I also have no interest in youview. What functions would I loose though? The mrs would kill me if we lost iplayer

cozzykim

@jain236 wrote:

Does anyone know samsung has HDD recording ready on its 4K TV's? 

My UE55JU7000 does, as well as a comprehensive PAP function, and bluetooth source service, which means I can use BT headphones when the wife has an early start next morning.

There are some niggles with the 'timeslip'/HDD functions, like having to drop out of pause etc to view the guide.

The Sammy will even record/pause/rewind etc to a 4GB USB drive, as well as a HDD.

I would check out the dedicated Sammy threads on another well known audio visual forum, which I won't link to out of courtesy here.

The other credible alternative would be a Panny 802 series, but SWMBO wouldn't cough up the extra £300 for one. :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:

I cant remember if you were also having a problem with 3D and the screen format issue - but that should also be resolved.

What about the UK?

smashah

@Risc0n wrote:

@Quinnicus wrote:

What about the UK?

Hope fix arrives 24th December

mk1.golf.1983

Anyone know what would happen if I was to put the Irish firmware on my uk set? Cheers. 

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@smashah wrote:

@Risc0n wrote:

@Quinnicus wrote:

What about the UK?

Hope fix arrives 24th December

It has fixed in the EU firmware.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fc...

After the update from 12.21.2015 these errors apparently no longer on my TV (55X8505C). Have in three different 3D Blurays reingeschaut each for 20 minutes and there were no more pop.
Am therefore cautiously optimistic 🙂

mk1.golf.1983

Just thought I'd share with those who have opted out of Youview, All4 app now supports Chromecast/Google Cast. Lots of box sets I notice.