Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
rnbetsy

You'll also lose itv player/all 4/5od
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@rnbetsy wrote:

Yes, yes, and no; 5OD is supplied by Sony, as as the BBC iPlayer.

The posting I just made was actually an edited version of this one on the YouView Community, which goes into more detail about the pros and cons of dropping YouView.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
rnbetsy

Ah, shows how much I watch anything on channel 5 :slight_smile:
matt2807
Explorer

Would it be possible to return the TV as late as 6 months after purchase?

kevfarme

@pepitoe wrote:

@elraouk wrote:
I often wonder if there should be a UK firmware without Youview, so basically the EU firmware... But officially available for UK sets. 

Agree, if all future firmware updates are going to be delayed in the UK due to Youview then we should be able to switch to a version without it.

I have to say that I hated the You View interface when I had my Sony.  The Panasonic that has replaced it has the new Freeview Play interface and that is so much better.  It's friendlier and much faster, it just works :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
nickbaker66
Explorer

@royabrown wrote:

@nickbaker66 wrote:

Hi guys.... Call me stupid but how do you disable youview 

If you have YouView enabled, but want to go back to plain old Freeview, then you go Home/Settings/Channel Settings/YouView Settings/Disable YouView.

To get rid of it completely, you can set an overseas Proxy or VPN IP address, or Smart DNS, and then look for a manual Software Update, whereupon the TV should update to the 247 EU-only software version; just like the current 245, pretty much, but without YouView. But there is currently no way back from this if it does not suit you.

Thanks very much mate 

profile.country.GB.title
nickbaker66
Explorer

@continentalgt187 wrote:

To disable YouView

On remote control press: Home, Settings, Channel Setup, YouView Setup and then disable

You will still get all the TV channels but without the trick YouView features, be interested to know how it works for you.

Thanks very much I'll keep you posted 

profile.country.GB.title
nickbaker66
Explorer

@rnbetsy wrote:

I've got all that on my sky box any way but thanks for letting me know 

profile.country.GB.title
nickbaker66
Explorer

anybody have this issue?

at least twice an hour the sound will drop out for a split second and return, ive changed HDMI cable on the sound base but no change unplugged sky box & HTX1 sound base but no change.

never used to happen but i moved house and it has happened since the move any recomendations or advice would be very helpful or is anybody else experiencing the same issue ?

profile.country.SE.title
mrcodec
Explorer

I have no sound on HDMI 2/MHL when I connect my Xperia Z2 to the telvision on my receiver STR-DN1060. The sounds comes back when I choose the speakers on the tv. I use the "enhanced mode" for 4k video from the phone.