Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.RO.title
alexw85

Hi,

No problems with the sound on HDMI. Just the digital tv with 720p/50hz and google play store not showing apps or server error.

Alex

profile.country.RO.title
alexw85

V 3.155 forgot to mention

alinux33
Explorer

Thank you Alex, that's good news, but I think a factory reset will be your fix, Android its not the most reliable OS for a smart device and Sony didn't troubled to optimize it.

How about brightness variations when you watch movies from external source or OSD menu shows up?

Many thanks for quick reply! Enjoy your new TV!

profile.country.RO.title
alexw85

I tried everything. Reset to factory settings. It's a bug somewhere. For brightness variations you have to switch off the last setting în brightness. I don't know the name now Alex
profile.country.GB.title
pajo100

Diseqc works fine but initially you have to set scan option to network or single scan to alter it then revert to full scan before searching which takes ages for 3 sats.

Also noticed a problem when trying to add new updates to channels lists it deletes all the current channels and only keeps the updated ones so you have to rescan all again!! Weird.

Tarzion

Managed to get the UHD channels working in 19.2 using a manual scan.

Tarzion

Can scan and view all the channels listed here

http://flysat.com/astra19-uhd.php

alinux33
Explorer

@alexw85 I am not sure if that will be a good idea, but worths trying to side load Clean Master? Might find some junk stuff in android OS. I have noticed that Album app didn't worked for me at all.

Or in the Advanced settings, Apps, find the app that causes trouble and see if you have delete cache or data.

Also try enabling Developer options by clicking OK on remote 6-8 times on the build number.

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

@Raichuu wrote:

I don't suppose anyone has the email address I should contact to get them to ask me for my contact number for a "discussion" about my 65X8507C?

I've had the TV since launch, and firmware after firmware... Wait after wait, I'm totally exhausted.

purchased rom Sony.co.uk as well ;-(

Sent by PM as Forum deletes email addresses.

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
Caledonian_TV
Contributor

pajo100 wrote:

Diseqc works fine but initially you have to set scan option to network or single scan to alter it then revert to full scan before searching which takes ages for 3 sats.

Also noticed a problem when trying to add new updates to channels lists it deletes all the current channels and only keeps the updated ones so you have to rescan all again!! Weird.

Not always...  I couldn't get mine to operate the switch at all; yet the same switch from the same lead plugged into another receiver worked perfectly.