Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
adyjay33

No I am not... 🙂
KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
john.pringle

I know that but we can hope!!!!

Sent from my iPad
john.pringle

Above is a reply to Indy 21 not adyjay   I don't want him getting upset!!

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

@Quinnicus wrote:

@adyjay33 wrote:

Maybe your another Sony employee?

ROFLMAO - it seems everyone is a Sony employee according to some.

Are you a Samsung employee? :nauseated_face:

I think we all know, Sony Employees do not read this thread, let alone give us poor souls any update on progress on a solution to the issues which this thread is meant to highlight, let alone the features that are missing. Some of us ARE WAITING for the promised updates in February and March. But some confidence boosting from Sony would be welcome. Given the long wait this time, I expect the updates to be effective. Lack of feedback to customers is the one most damaging attitude to any customer relationship. I am astounded, Sony have not taken this into account given their experience in the field. I will give positive feedback on this thread, if deserved, when fixed and unsubscribe. 

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
adyjay33

Frogger I so agree with what you have just said, although I doubt very much that there are no Sony people on here in the slightest, there are probably there is things going on in the background and I hope diciplinarys too as someone has not been doing there job very well hence the problems with these sets.

I really dont care if I repeat myself as I think its wrong to sell these TV's in the condition they are, if people on here dont like what I say in regards to user experience then well... tough, live with it.

Free speech is supposed to be free speech and I am excercising that right, if any of you dont like that then I respectfully suggest you dont bother reading my posts and dont bother replying.

I too like you Frogger, will only put a positive comment on here when they are sorted out.

I do feel rather peeved that I bought a set that does not work properly when there are other TV's out there that do, and I think that with the updates that keep being put back and back and back, Sony should compensate those that have these sets by replacing them with 2016 models that, I hope for their sake, they will do what they say they can do and not make up things about them and then not deliver the promises.

If Sony manangement is on here and of course they are, get in touch with me as I would like to speak to you on a personal level and not speak to a telephone person who will ask me to do a factory reset, it does not work I can tell you that from experience.

If the update on the 31st March are delayed or dont work I will return this set as I am not holding onto a worthless piece of junk only to find the 2016 models work perfectly.

NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
adyjay33

How about turning the attention to Sony and not having a go at people who are affected after buying these pieces of junk, wouldnt that be a new experience for some?

Bunch of moaners that we all are (apparently according to some that is, not me though as I think we all deserve to talk about the issues we have) sadly some on here really ought to moan at Sony and not others, as the people who bought these sets did not make them but Sony did?

Respect goes a long way in this world, just remember that.

I hope some on here can understand this post.

NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@adyjay33

I don't think there is any magic software upgrade that means 2016 sets will work where 2015 sets won't.

it may well be that Sony have souped up the hardware, having found the 2015 specs lacked horsepower.

Which might or might not be a basis for returning the 2015 sets as Not As Described, and waiting for a 2016 one.

Sony's approaching dilemma, though, is when to launch the 2016 sets, and with what features.

if they come out with HDD recording before the 2015 sets have it, then the steady flow of 2015 returns will turn into a flood.

If they come out without it, still, then we will know the 2016 software is just 'more of the same', and the reliability issues will continue.

My guess is that Sony will not be able to release the 2016 sets for sale until after the 2015 sets have the long-promised HDD recording.

At which point, it will become rather more problematic to return 2015 sets, unless there are still clear and unequivocal issues with them.

If anyone has worries about 2015 sets being left behind, the time to return them is sooner, rather than later, as once the 2015 software set is complete, or the 2016 sets are out with the same incomplete software, Sony will be no more inclined to swap last year's model for this year's than, say, Samsung would be.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
alanxce

If the 2016 models perform to their technical specs (unlike the 2015 models) then Sony should introduce a customer care program that enables a 2015 model to be exchanged for a 2016 model, free of charge.

profile.country.GB.title
andipr

alanxce - Exactly what I was thinking.

My Model KD43X8309CBU
UKPiglet

<Oops - managed to double-post>