Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
MrLizard

I've also got a KD-49X8305C. I'm not observing issues other than occasional lip sync issues and occasional sluggishness when I turn it on. Other than that, working well enough. As such I doubt it's any particular model that is adversely affected.

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
ricsmith5

MaxUHD,

same model as yours - 2 of them in fact. first had to be changed due to a screen fault.

bought the first one in August last year, once it was up and running it was pretty stable compared to many other users, sluggish yes, youview upgrade sharpened things up speed wise but since then bit by bit i am now having all the problems that many others are to. 2nd set is also going that way, locking up of screen, internet being lost and found every few seconds, turns itself on from standby, locks up when changing sound or channel, blank screen with sound and many more to boot. usual resets and power downs but the problems still keep coming back, 3rd tv arrives next week due to this one being looked at and another screen problem being highlighted - screen bleed!

at this rate i'll use up the 2015 stock and move onto the 2016 when it is released, haha!

MaxUHD

How long have you had the replacement TV?
k11jrp
Explorer

Does anyone have a fix for the remote control "Tv" button being fixed to Youview? I used to be able to select it to go to any input like HDMI 1 etc?? Now it's greyed out in settings??? Kind regards

elraouk

To map the TV button to something other than Youview, you have to disable Youview as far as I know!  I'd love to be able to  make the Netflix button do something useful too! 
k11jrp
Explorer

Ah right ok.. Thanks, Is it easy to disable Youview? Many thanks mate

k11jrp
Explorer

Sorted it in settings/channel settings/ youview settings disable youview. Thanks

scoopy6

Re. different problems reported by different people: it seems rather like a PC which crashes in a random way i.e. apparently not directly related to any particular operation.

Last night we had a new one for us where the channel got stuck on BBC2. Pressing and holding the power button also failed to restart, but so far unplugging from the mains has cured the wide variety of crashes we have had.

Sony's Android Tvs just seem to be unstable, although I guess there may be more than one reason for that...

49X8309C in uk
UKPiglet

John Lewis collected my KD55X9305 yesterday.

When the refund comes...does anyone have recommendations for a good quality 55" smart tv with great sound or do I have to have a TV and a less wife-approved sound system too?

jowettandrew
Explorer

Hi I am new to this forum and I am currently looking for a new TV to replace my 10 year old Sharp panel. Many retailers are pushing this KD43X8309c from Sony saying crashes a bugs are gone from this forum I am guessing this is not the case. Would you guys recommend waiting to see if 2016 improves sony sets or am I better going to another brand like Panasonic or Samsung?