Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
d0nev_
Explorer

I am having the same problem @Batemansxxxb When I switch the TV there is no sound and the remote is not working until I unplug the TV from the mains. It happened few times. Bought the TV few weeks ago and updated the software straight away. It worked fine for a few weeks but in the last few days it started to cause the same issue. Did you manage to solve this issue? I don't want to do factory reset as I will lose all my serttings. 

profile.country.GB.title
manuelsal

After few updates I decided to try to amend the channel list again and it resulted again in a wated of time, because the tv is still recovering deleted channels (adult channels and so one) and removing some of the one I want.

Can anyone tell me if the damned sony is planning to fix this bloody tv or not?

Unhappy owner of a KD-49X8307C
Thejak80

Honestly, I don't think anyone here knows I'd suggest getting in touch with them via their social channels but you'll get told to "contact support" who'll then run you through a generic listing only to go back to their social channels and be ignored

A update schedule would be a massive help to see what bugs are being squashed but don't hold your breath

Deanfeuillade

Sorry if it's already been covered but I can't find the answer amongst this huge thread.

I have a KDL50W809C and have managed to navigate around the usual issues. However i have just noticed that on very dark scenes, there are patches appearing on various parts of the screen. They are not as dark as the rest of the screen and are very light and i would say almost grey.

Any advice?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Deanfeuillade  you may trying switching off Film Mode in image setting and see if the effect disappears

bobm2t
Explorer

Hi Dazrise3
Yes, I am having issues with my Wi-Fi set up, can't get to find it and then some days it's listed.

Always shows other listings (stronger) routers in the nearby vicinity, i.e. BT, TalkTalk, Netgear, etc., whereas mine is a 4G EE wireless set up.

I discovered the iMac was linking to the TV and the 4G Wi-Fi unit so switched off the 'Airport' connection but I think the problem stuffed up the TV and now the TV can't find the wireless unit.

All the home network works between the computers, but the TV is an 'alien', rather than the 'Android' they say it is..!

I am sure I'll get it sorted if I spend a couple of hours playing with it. Not something I can resolve at the moment as too much fun going out and about in the decent weather!

Bobm2t
Deanfeuillade

Cheers for the advice but turning off film mode hasn't made the issue any better. Does anybody else have the issue on dark scenes where there are patches of gray and light gray where the rest remains black?

Cheers all

JuHitZ
Explorer

@Deanfeuillade wrote:

Cheers for the advice but turning off film mode hasn't made the issue any better. Does anybody else have the issue on dark scenes where there are patches of gray and light gray where the rest remains black?

Cheers all

I have exactly the same problem with KD-55X8509C. It's very annoying on dark scenes. I wonder if there is any cure for this?

frankie1g

Yes it happens to me I think it it could be the panel I can't solve it just improve it by image settings

Sent from my Samsung device
Indy121

For some reason my tv keeps going lighter and darker every time it is a dark scene and subtitles appear. Happens a lot during Game of Thrones. Any reason for this and how can I stop it? I haven't noticed it happen any other time.

Apart from that, my tv is perfect. I brought it in Oct and only just opened and set it up last month. I use it for Sky HD and Kodi only and both run without any problem whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone