Join now - be part of our community!

A80L panel refresh problem

profile.country.GB.title
TheBond3523
New

A80L panel refresh problem

Hello,

I'm trying to do a panel refresh due to image retention, but I only have the option of doing a 10 minute refresh.

Is there any way to get access to the 1 hour refresh?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

If it is saying it only takes 10 minutes then why not try it out.

I have a XR43A90K which I have had for nearly 2 years and have not used the Pixel Refresh.

I have however performed pixel calibration, the procedure is outlined below.

After 10 months I was very disappointed to notice that my TV was showing signs of image retention. The Channel 4 logo was noticeable at the top left of the screen and there were horizontal darker bars across the bottom of the screen, probably due to me having the subtitles activated.

To get rid of this I performed a manual pixel calibration by following this procedure.

Press Settings on the remote, Settings on screen> System> (scroll all the way down) Retail Mode Settings click right and switch Demo Mode On, this will also switch Picture reset on, more of that later.

Power the TV down and unplug the TV.

Wait about 30 seconds and plug the TV back in.

Power on the TV and wait about 2 to 3 minutes.

You should then see a grey box asking you if you want to start the pixel calibration, press Start.

The panel will switch off and begin the calibration, this takes about 10 minutes, be patient..

Keep being patient, it looks as though nothing is happening but it is.

When done the panel will switch back on.

Repeat this process 3 more times.

Switch off Demo Mode.

Because Picture reset was switched on then you will now have to go into the Picture settings

and change them back to what they were before you performed the calibration, so make notes

beforehand or take photos of your picture settings.

Unfortunately you need to do this for all other devices you use with the TV which 

are connected via HDMI or USB.

Doing this got rid of any sign of the Channel 4 logo and the darker bars at the bottom of the screen and about a  year on from that I have had no signs of image retention.