Join now - be part of our community!

ALL Android TV Problem.

profile.country.BG.title
fackir4o
Explorer

ALL Android TV Problem.

ALL Android TV Problem (KD-43XG8096) very small subtitle, DTS problem, CIFS and SMB problem.

The TV is very good but has a slight annoying flaws. The built-in video player does not support CIFS and SMB network feed protocols (they are not embedded in it and other programs must be used), but most of all please fix the subtitle issue. They are very small. Please make sure that at the next Update we can choose between 3-4 sizes at least and, or make them as big as we want.

There are quite a few people in non-English speaking countries who do not speak English and only use subtitles to watch movies. This will help a lot of countries like Bulgaria, Russia, Greece and many other countries.

Nowadays, watching movies on the home network is becoming more common. I don't have a friend who uses flash memory or a hard drive to watch movies on TV. Either DLNA or more NAS and Windows sharing is used.

I'm currently using KODI, but unfortunately only supports Dolby. No DTS. I made subtitles there for my taste. Other players, including MX Player Pro, do not play all formats. Only the built-in player and KODI have this feature, which differs mainly from the following:

KODI:

+ All formats,

+ CIFS and SMB,

+Dolby,

-DTS, -> FIX - the problem is solved with the latest manual update of Android 8.0 Oreo.

+ select subtitle size.

Sony VIDEO:

+ All formats,

+ Dolby,

+ DTS,

- CIFS and SMB,

- small subtitles.

* + Supports, * - Does not support.

Please fix this BIG, BIG problem.

Please refer this request to whom it depends.

Best regards Dian Dimitrov, Varna, Bulgaria.

kodi.jpg

sony player.jpg

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@fackir4o  schrieb:
Nowadays, watching movies on the home network is becoming more common.

People tend to believe that what they do is trend. I happen to own a NAS with quite some media on it myself. But it has always been niche. Even more so after streaming services like Netflix took over.

I'm currently using KODI, but unfortunately only supports Dolby. No DTS.

Oreo firmware for BRAVIA introduced support for the public Android DTS API. Works very well inside Kodi.

profile.country.BG.title
fackir4o
Explorer

You are wrong. Does not support DTS! 
And the netflix in my country is at the cost of 100 megabits internet, which is expensive and there are no subtypes, so the service is not polar. We use HBO GO. I am attaching a photo of the latest version of KODI with audio outputs.
kodi2.jpg

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Then you do not have Oreo on your BRAVIA. DTS works beautifully for me.

profile.country.BG.title
fackir4o
Explorer

Very strange. The automatic update tells me I'm on the latest Android, but it turned out not to be the case. I downloaded the last one from the site and fixed my KODI DTS problem. I'll test it tomorrow. Everything looks better than the interface. Thanks friend, it helped me.
The issue with the subtitle of the built-in player remains to be resolved and everything will be perfect.

profile.country.BG.title
fackir4o
Explorer

DTS Problem for KODI fix - the problem is solved with the latest manual update of Android. The automatic does not work !!! Android 8 - Oreo.
The problem remains with the built-in player. Small subtitles, no CIFS and SMB support. With that aside, the player plays all the formats I've tried ... It's worth adding these options. It only sees DLNA, and the subtitles are in black, which is even worse.I suggest SONY put on 2-3 diopter glasses for free on TVs ha ha ha.

new.jpg

profile.country.BG.title
fackir4o
Explorer

Films of this size don't play them at all (25-60 GB size).

Only my 4-year-old Samsung, without thinking, plays them. While my new Sony 2019 model does not want to play them in any way.
Media file info from PC:
Full Name:\\192.168.0.1\Data\Филми\Anna.2019.UHD.BluRay.2160p.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1.HEVC.mkv
Format :Matroska
Format version :Version 4 / Version 2
Size :58.8GB
Time :1, 58 min
TotalBit Speed :70.7 MB / sec
Film :Anna 4K
Library_Encoding:libebml v1.3.9 + libmatroska v1.5.2

profile.country.BG.title
fackir4o
Explorer

Things are getting better after the next steps are done.
1. Required update to the latest (currently Android 8.0).
2. After the update necessarily RESET TV.

So big format movies are going, but I am annoyed by the fact that I have to download external applications to watch a movie online. As I mentioned before the built-in player does not support CIFS and SAMBA.
KODI is a very confused program. It was made in my opinion to be something like the OS. Countless unnecessary tinctures to get lost in and only watch a movie through your home network ...

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@fackir4o  ha scritto:

Only my 4-year-old Samsung, without thinking, plays them. While my new Sony 2019 model does not want to play them in any way.
Media file info from PC:
Full Name:\\192.168.0.1\Data\Филми\Anna.2019.UHD.BluRay.2160p.TrueHD.Atmos.7.1.HEVC.mkv

You can use a lot of different players with different UI in Android TV (I prefer Nova Player i.e.).

Looking at the specification of the file you are trying to play a movie with lossless audio track that is not supported by the TV.

BTW are you aware that is illegal to download copyrighted material? I do not think it is in the community rules permitted to discuss how to play those on a product, unless this is a copy of an UHD bluray you own and it is better in any case that you play it via the UHD BD player you should have

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@rooobb  schrieb:

@fackir4o  ha scritto:

Media file info from PC:

Looking at the specification of the file you are trying to play a movie with lossless audio track that is not supported by the TV.

Kodi is able to decode TrueHD to stereo PCM (via ffmpeg) or extract AC3 core (if it exists) and do Passthrough for that.