Join now - be part of our community!

ALL Android TV Problem.

profile.country.BG.title
fackir4o
Explorer

ALL Android TV Problem.

ALL Android TV Problem (KD-43XG8096) very small subtitle, DTS problem, CIFS and SMB problem.

The TV is very good but has a slight annoying flaws. The built-in video player does not support CIFS and SMB network feed protocols (they are not embedded in it and other programs must be used), but most of all please fix the subtitle issue. They are very small. Please make sure that at the next Update we can choose between 3-4 sizes at least and, or make them as big as we want.

There are quite a few people in non-English speaking countries who do not speak English and only use subtitles to watch movies. This will help a lot of countries like Bulgaria, Russia, Greece and many other countries.

Nowadays, watching movies on the home network is becoming more common. I don't have a friend who uses flash memory or a hard drive to watch movies on TV. Either DLNA or more NAS and Windows sharing is used.

I'm currently using KODI, but unfortunately only supports Dolby. No DTS. I made subtitles there for my taste. Other players, including MX Player Pro, do not play all formats. Only the built-in player and KODI have this feature, which differs mainly from the following:

KODI:

+ All formats,

+ CIFS and SMB,

+Dolby,

-DTS, -> FIX - the problem is solved with the latest manual update of Android 8.0 Oreo.

+ select subtitle size.

Sony VIDEO:

+ All formats,

+ Dolby,

+ DTS,

- CIFS and SMB,

- small subtitles.

* + Supports, * - Does not support.

Please fix this BIG, BIG problem.

Please refer this request to whom it depends.

Best regards Dian Dimitrov, Varna, Bulgaria.

kodi.jpg

sony player.jpg

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Kuschelmonschter  but he doesn't like KODI and desire that Video could do that...

profile.country.BG.title
fackir4o
Explorer

Guys, you don't understand the essence of the problem.
1. Built-in video and audio software is greatly restricted from networking capabilities. For some reason, they do not address these issues with connectivity to other devices through a LAN. We need to use other external programs, which I do not like. If you use 10 types of audio and video format, at least 2-3 players should be used and NEVER, you will NEVER be able to play everything with one player. A specific example. KODI plays many formats but DTS WAV doesn't want it. It stops working so much that I have to restart the TV.
2. My idea of ​​buying Android TV is to watch movies and listen to music of the highest quality I can find, not transcode. If I wanted to transcode I would not buy movies and music of this quality and I would just search them on torrent sites of whatever quality I found.

I'm very disappointed with the TV. If I knew it was so bad, I would buy a cheap TV and an amd ryzen computer next to it, which is where everything goes ....

On my computer, all this goes smoothly with the POT Player.

Tags (1)
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I don't know your specific need for 2/3 different players (i use mainly Video via DLNA and Nova for my daughter since it is much user friendly), but in any case are you aware that only on ANdroid you can do that? If you have any other smart system (name the one you prefer ... tizen, webos?) you are stuck with the player they deliver: you have tizen and there is no way to have DTS i.e., you may have problem going back and forward in a mkv file... and you can't do anything about it.

profile.country.BG.title
fackir4o
Explorer

There may be no DTS which is very important, but everything works fine! Everything, absolutely everything I tried!

The topic is getting out of hand ... It may seem like I'm getting stuck, but it's not. If I left that impression I apologize.
I can only summarize my experience with android tv.

It's not worth it to buy android tv. It is better for me to buy a cheaper TV with a nice matrix and an external small video computer to support 4K hardware decoding (Intel Intel NUC 7i5BNH). Video must be min Intel 630 or similar AMD.
Everything else is a big compromise with your nerves.
This is my opinion and I do not want to involve anyone with any dispute about this opinion.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I may agree with you, but keep in mind that the best "monitor" come with an OS in anycase! I am not aware of any top brand TV strimmed of all the smart functionalities, only the lower end models. So you can still buy the tv as it is and once you don't like it any more add whatever smart box you prefer to it

profile.country.BG.title
fackir4o
Explorer

Some who have the model (KD-43XG8096) have any problems with constant freeze. In the sense of 10 days it works and after turning it off working the evening of the next day, it does not want to be started in any way until I disconnect it from the power for 5 seconds.
What can be the problem?
One thing I found on my own was that an app downloaded by the market was freeze it to such an extent that it did not respond in any way. It stops altogether.
This app is from my ip tv provider.
But more generally, when I hit, as I said in about 7-10 days, TV was used as a monitor. In the sense of an ip tv box, a signal is emitted.
Could it be defective?

Tags (1)