Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.NL.title
hija31

They removed update file from the Dutch site too, but they shouldn't have released it at all the first time without testing it.

@Marcd51

I'm also a Android person, but "late" updates and also with full of bug's like this one, doesn't do much good to Android-TV scene and mostly to Sony itself.

profile.country.GB.title
Will_cain

Can someone confirm that it has been pulled, not that it's worrying me as based on the feedback on here I'm not updating any time soon.

If Sony would like some consultancy on how to implement a major release, as an ex Release Manager with a major Bank I'm availbale at very reasonable rates.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Did you read the announcement by Sony? Can you still find the file on Sony support pages?

what more of a confirmation do you need?

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

How many confirmations do you need? Just look at sony support page.

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi Guys I'm probably one of few were the update was a great success I have KD-43X8307 2015 model and all works perfectly a few snags but more or less has evened out over the week or so iv had it. 

I Downloaded it using USB stick and did a fresh install meaning factory reset!!  Always and always the best thing you should do to be honest if you can kicks out any old bugs and clears the cache of all old crap left behind from previous OS. 

I did mine on launch day here in London, UK 

Also heads up NETFLIX INFO BUTTON NOW WORKING!! 

And much improved with more info thanks Netflix great to have this much useful feature back. 

profile.country.GB.title
Sanjo1975
Explorer

I have to agree with Marcd51 I updated my KD-X55 8509c via usb on the day it became available with no issues and I did not have to do a factory reset (up to now anyway)  so it was a good update for me at least.

sassbs
Explorer

is anyone else getting issues with a popup appearing telling you that some service or app has stopped working, it's constantly happening and makes watching anything impossible.

Only solution seems to be reboot, which fixes it for around 30 minutes then it happens again.

profile.country.NL.title
hija31

@sassbs

I had same issue with Android phone: Google play services stopped, play store stopped ..... and some more.

The only solution was factory reset.

ultrablob
Explorer

I'm new here on the forum and here is my view on the upgrade to Marshmallow on my Sony Android TV.

I have a Sony KD-55XD930 and I upgraded through USB, the upgrade went just fine with no factory reset needed.

Everything runs just fine except, that is EXCEPT with the USB-drive I have, a Kingston USB 3.0 DataTraveler G4 64GB.

It causes Android to crach when my Sony TV is woken up from stand-by making it reboot.

The ironic thing is that I used this drive to update my Sony TV to Marshmallow

I have tried on the different usb-ports on my TV, it has one usb3-port, I suspect the others are usb2 ports., Same thing happens, Android crashes on waking my TV with this usd-drive connected when waking up my tv from stand-by.

I wanted to use this usb-drive as a storage for apps but the usb-drive causes my tv to reboot when it's woken up from stand-by.

Only way to solve it atm is to move back apps to the internal storage and remove the usb-drive.

Everything works just fine with the usb-drive not connected, not sure if it's just this drive or if it happens with other usb-drives. Will have to test this at some point. Well this not up to me to test, it's up to SONY to make it work.

Sorry if my english is bad, I'm from sweden.

***Sony pulled this update from sony swedish support site too***

What will happen now? Will I have to install the fixed version when it's release to fix the issues it causes on my TV?

I'm glad my issues isn't worse then they are, I feel bad for those have their TV's basically bricked because of this update.

sam88_66
New

I have uppdate My TV The remonte Control voice doesn't work