Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.FR.title
nicogri

Hi guys,

Does any of you power user out here who have kind of relationship with Sony knows when next update is scheduled ???

As I love Android I use to hang aound XDA Developpers and use custom ROMs on merely all my phones.

Last problem in date I updated my wife's G3 with Fullmics ROM and there was a forceclose on Home App... Message on XDA and next day the dev (XPirt) had it fixed.

If a guy "in his garage" who is not even paid for can fix a bug in less than 24 hr and publish the new update, how much time do you think we must wait for sony to do the same ???

I know MM was a big one but now that it's done Sony could update more often with little updates (50/60 mbs) that fixes bugs they introduce.

Just hope we don't need to wait 6 more month to get first bug corrections.

++

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Guess Sony knew how messed up Marshmallow will be. So they announced Nougat at CES just to hold off people for another year ^^ .

profile.country.GB.title
Tarpii

@Anonymous Have you heard any further news about when we might be able to update our 43" 7 and 8 series TV's safely?

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Tarpii

unless you only watch DVB-T, don't do it. If seems that everything else apart from faster guide is worse. :slight_frown:

profile.country.FR.title
nicogri

Yeahhh I told myself I needed to wait and as I am so stupid and impatient I rushed it  and now I kind of (deeply) regret it !!!

So nothing to rush because this update brings not much new (nothing ???) and bugs !!!

profile.country.GB.title
arlarge24
Explorer

Just stay with what you have.  Mine is the same model as yours and is now bricked😖

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Seems like they indeed stopped the rollout. Info from the Austrian support page. They also removed the USB download.

profile.country.GB.title
chrisc383
profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

So I got lucky, cause I didn't recieve this update. Huhhhhh, unreal.

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

I had a feeling this may happen and Sony would stop the roll out if their were to many issues. 

Well I have a KD-43X8307 2015 model and upgraded on launch day 22nd Feb and apart from a few hiccups with youview which stopped responding I just restarted the TV it's been perfectly fine. 

In fact I'm pretty impressed. Picture is brighter a tad sharper and I think black levels are a tad better two. 

Hardly any lag. I realy like how the new menus are clearer and brighter and graphics on main menu are nice and Smooth no lag. 

So for me Marshmellow has overall been a positive and much improved preformance. I'm seem to be getting much more out the TV. It's not perfect but it's way more better than it preformed with crappy lollipop. I updated mine via USB stick from Sony UK website download and as always did a factory reset so it clears the cache and any of the crap left behind bugs by lollipop. 

Iv always loved Andriod and still going to stick with it.

I also have Sony Xperia Z5 with recently upgraded Andriod Nugart 7.0 and phone preformance is just freaking awesome. 

So sorry to here the new experience has not been the same with the rest of you guys out their.. 

Okay bye for now from London, UK