Join now - be part of our community!

bbc iplayer on xr-48a90k stopped working,all on line fixes tried to no effect.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
4thsonybravia
Explorer

bbc iplayer on xr-48a90k stopped working,all on line fixes tried to no effect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
4thsonybravia
Explorer

Hello Willig01 well i found the solution from a post 2 years ago to solve the same problem of all catch up apps suddenly not responding, after trying clear cache and data disable, then i looked to see if you can uninstall/reinstall built-in apps, so the trick is go Settings-Apps- Live Tv and Catchups, Unistall updates  and it worked BBC iplayer etc all back hope it does for you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Willig01
New

I have the same issue.  2 days ago iplayer, itvx etc all stopped working.  Tried everything suggested to try but nothing works.  Very frustrating.

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

What are all these online fixes you have tried, it would be nice to know so we don't ask you try things you have already tried. Please list them.

I have a XR42A90K also and I can use the iPlayer without issue, so what is the difference between our TVs.

Did you update the firmware for the TV to version 6.7612 which was released on the 18th Sept 2024.

If you have this may be the reason as this update has been proven to be faulty with a few issues relating

to certain functions, although no one as far as I know has reported iPlayer issues.

Sony are aware that this update is faulty and are working on a fix although it is now about six weeks on and 

no news yet.

I did not update my TV at the time as I always wait about a month before installing any new software in case of

any reported problems, I am still on 6.7546.

If you could describe your problem in more detail including your network/ internet set up.

Are you having any issues with connecting to any other online streaming services or just the iPlayer.

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Again what is "everything" you have tried, it is helpful if you list them so we know not to ask you try something you have already tried.

profile.country.GB.title
4thsonybravia
Explorer

Hello Willig01 well i found the solution from a post 2 years ago to solve the same problem of all catch up apps suddenly not responding, after trying clear cache and data disable, then i looked to see if you can uninstall/reinstall built-in apps, so the trick is go Settings-Apps- Live Tv and Catchups, Unistall updates  and it worked BBC iplayer etc all back hope it does for you.

profile.country.GB.title
4thsonybravia
Explorer

hi there ok you are right it seems the latest update caused the prob, what i was trying was the usual tips for bbc et al re clear data cache soft restart, then this morning re phrased search to un install re install built-in apps,(you can,t) and post from 2 years ago popped up for fix same prob on A80j, Settings-Apps- LiveTv and Catch-up- Unistall updates did that all back ok. Looks like you are right to wait before udating in future i resist diving straght in. Thanks for your intrest Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
4thsonybravia
Explorer

hello Willg01 thanks for your query yep exactly the same the fix is go to settings-apps-live tv/apps uninstall updates all good seems the most recent software from sony is the prob, hope it works for you.

profile.country.GB.title
4thsonybravia
Explorer

hi davey did you see my reply?

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

yes