Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth 4.1 and 4.2

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
David1941
Explorer

Bluetooth 4.1 and 4.2

I have a Sony KD55AF television which has bluetooth 4.1    I would like to buy the Sony headphones WH-1000XM3 which is 4.2  for listening to the TV.  Could someone please tell me the difference between 4.1 and 4.2 and would the headphones work with my TV. Please excuse my ignorance as I don't wish to buy the headphones then find out they are not comparable with the TV   thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Spec differences. 

But 4.2 devices should be backwards compatible with 4.1

Compatibility

Use this link to check out what your TV will support, and what you need to look for in the headphones.

But we had a case before where someone got Bluetooth headphones that weren’t compatible with their Sony Android TV, and we were able to point him to a Bluetooth adapter that went on one of the TV outputs, and made it compatible.

Which he actually preferred, as he needed to have loud volume for his deafness, while others in the room could still hear the TV speakers, whereas compatible headphones use tends to mute the TV speakers. Though this may be what you want, ‘instead of’ rather than ‘as well as’.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Spec differences. 

But 4.2 devices should be backwards compatible with 4.1

Compatibility

Use this link to check out what your TV will support, and what you need to look for in the headphones.

But we had a case before where someone got Bluetooth headphones that weren’t compatible with their Sony Android TV, and we were able to point him to a Bluetooth adapter that went on one of the TV outputs, and made it compatible.

Which he actually preferred, as he needed to have loud volume for his deafness, while others in the room could still hear the TV speakers, whereas compatible headphones use tends to mute the TV speakers. Though this may be what you want, ‘instead of’ rather than ‘as well as’.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.ES.title
Enrgtech4
New

The article is much informative which i was searching for .Nice intro good explanation thanks for sharing.Your search Ends here Visit us May this help

https://www.enrgtech.co.uk/buy/product/ET16937159/HD-2-30G-White