Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth and Headphones

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

Bluetooth and Headphones

I have a sony 49x8309c and had it for a year or so but i have heard you can not connect any headphones to the t.v through Bluetooth which i have also tried,i dont want to buy yet another device to make this work as then i will have to still get up to pull the cord from the jack plug on the tv to get the volume back onto the tv speakers,why is this and if this is the case sony is a bit behind the times on this.

I have a 12 months old Samsung 40'' with Bluetooth and its works fine,just go into the ''service menu'' and set it to use 3rd party Headphones and when heaphones on hit the connect through sound menu on tv and works great,turn headphones off and sound comes back onto tv.

Is this the case with sony that there is no way this will work like my samsung does.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This is correct, you cannot pair bluetooth headphones to your TV without an extra adaptor (Bluetooth Transmitter).  Please see the FAQ for more info : HERE

However it is possible to get audio from your TV speakers without having to physically disconnect the adaptor from the TV.  All you need to do is enable "headphone speaker link" in the TV settings.

[HOME] > Settings > Sound > Headphone speaker link > ON

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

Hi,thanks for your fast reply,if i connect the device that is on the links do i just say.

Turn t.v on as normal to get normal sound from t.v then press the on button on the device and will switch to the Bluetooth transmitter and sound would cut off on t.v and come onto headphones.

This of course if all is linked up like i have set the jack plug into t.v and already linked Headphones to the new transmitter and then just turn off the transmitter and Headphones and t.v spekers will work.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you are just using the bluetooth headphones with a bluetooth transmitter adaptor, you will need to keep the Headphone Speaker link OFF.  Otherwise you will have sound coming from both the headphones and the TV's speakers.

To save pulling the adaptor from the TV, you can turn ON the headphone speaker link, and hence you will get sound from both the headphones and TV speakers, but if your bluetooth headphones are OFF, then the sound will just be from the TVs speakers (thats the theory!)

Hope this makes sense?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

Thanks for the help you have been great and i do see the options now.

Its a pitty you cant leave the setting off then get it through tv and headphones and just mute the tv speakers.

I ask as its for a 89 year old person who most times use the headphones and is no very good to keep getting up to switch stuff on and off and i would have to set the setting and leave,the tv is used by 2 people so the one wants the volume and then other one needs the headphone but when headsphones are connected the speakers must be low or no volume,so only way is keep changing the setting as there is no option to mute it and run the volume on the headphone like i do on my Samsung tv,tahnks again.