Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KD-43XH8505 black screen freeze upon Power On from Standby...

profile.country.GB.title
neilwatts13

Bravia KD-43XH8505 black screen freeze upon Power On from Standby...

Hi,

I have the above TV and it randomly freezes (black screen) on boot from standby - Nothing works, no remote inputs, anything. To temporarily fix it, I have to do a force reboot by holding power button on remote.

This happens after putting TV into standby from any situation - From TV apps such as Disney+, Netflix, Plex, etc or while any of the HDMI inputs are active. The latest firmware (v6.4774) hasn't made any difference either.  😞

Connected devices include a Sony HT-ZF9 soundbar hooked up via eARC HDMI input (with PS4 Pro and Sony UBP-X800 connected directly to soundbar via HDMI), and a Nintendo Switch and Virgin V6 TV box connected directly to TV via HDMI.

Just wondering if anyone else having this issue as it's driving me insane!? 

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Does it also happens if no HDMI device is connected?

If it doesn't then it would be interesting to find out which device causes the issue by connecting one after the other.

However, if it still happens, then I would recommend to contact a service centre.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@neilwatts13 

Have you done a full Factory Reset?

This may fix it; and even if it doesn’t, it will at least let you say yes to the first question anyone in Support is going to ask you.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
neilwatts13

@Peter_S. 

Thanks, I could try it I guess.... Problem is it's not 100% repeatable. It will go a couple of days working fine, then bang!  😞

Also, it's not just connected devices causing it to freeze. It happens after going into standby from tv apps too. 

profile.country.GB.title
neilwatts13

@royabrown2 

This was my next option. I was just reaching out to gauge if it was a common issue or not..... Was reluctant as I've just got all the settings 'just so'! 😭