Join now - be part of our community!

Built in Chromecast and BT Sports app sound sync issues

profile.country.GB.title
beelzebomb
Explorer

Built in Chromecast and BT Sports app sound sync issues

I have a Sony Bravia KD49XE8004BU tv with built in Chromecast. Casting the BT Sports app from my iPad to the tv works - but the sound always ends up ahead of the action; pretty frustrating watching football when a goal is scored as you can imagine. On my old tv using a chromecast dongle, all was fine - so what on earth is going on & how can I fix it?

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

This must be really annoying.

Can you let me know if this is just happening when casting BT Sports or all other streaming services?

Could you also make sure that your iPad and TV are connected to the same network, and that you are also running the latest Chrome browser and have installed a Google Cast extension.

Cheers,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Therealsh

happens here as well. Doesnt happen with other streeming services (NOW TV)

Something with the combination of BT / Chromecast built-in

profile.country.GB.title
beelzebomb
Explorer

Trouble is, tracking down which is the culprit - over on BT forums there are a lot of complaints about the BT Sport app.

Poderic
New

I had this issue with built in chromecast. Try this....

Go to home and then settings on TV. Drop down to Apps and wait for them to load. Scroll down to System app and find Chromecast built-in. Click on it and select Force stop, then Clear cache and Clear data. To restart Built-in Chromecast you need to reboot your TV.

This worked for me, hope it does for others too.

profile.country.GB.title
beelzebomb
Explorer

I'll give this a try - it's actually got worse since I first posted this - sometimes up to 2 seconds behind - which is a hell of a lot worse than it reads! Just so exasperating that neither BT nor Sony has bothered to address this issue. Will rebooting Sony TV lose my unique settings? Will I need to make a note of everything first?

profile.country.GB.title
SonyTelly50
Explorer

I experience the same issue on model 50W805c (running latest factory reset firmware version 5.417) .

I noticed this issue at least 1 year ago.

Does anyone else also notice a bit of frame stutter/skipping as well? It doesn't constantly skip but when it does so it is quite jarring.

I have also noticed that when I cast from the BT app on my phone to the external chromecast dongle on my dad's TV this issue does not happen (which makes me think its a Sony/Android TV issue).

profile.country.GB.title
SonyTelly50
Explorer

Just to add that when casting the BT sport app to my Sony TV the actual picture image is very sharp and exceptionally good (the best I have seen while casting). I get the feeling that the built-in chromecast hardware is just not man enough for the job when the image quality/resolution is that high. I cannot see a way to limit the resolution/image quality in the BT Sport app so I cannot prove that this is the case.

profile.country.GB.title
SonyTelly50
Explorer

I now stop the BT App from casting during commercial breaks and restart the cast when the programme resumes - this seems to bring the audio and video back into sync again for a little while (but it will go out of sync again)

profile.country.GB.title
Kesdev
Explorer

Hi, I have exactly the same issue, I feel your pain, it’s a nightmare trying to watch sport! Mine gets 2/3 seconds out. I’ve tried various things but nothing seems to help. Did you manage to sort it? Thx