Join now - be part of our community!

Built in Chromecast and BT Sports app sound sync issues

profile.country.GB.title
beelzebomb
Explorer

Built in Chromecast and BT Sports app sound sync issues

I have a Sony Bravia KD49XE8004BU tv with built in Chromecast. Casting the BT Sports app from my iPad to the tv works - but the sound always ends up ahead of the action; pretty frustrating watching football when a goal is scored as you can imagine. On my old tv using a chromecast dongle, all was fine - so what on earth is going on & how can I fix it?

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
beelzebomb
Explorer

Can anyone confirm whether this happens with any other apps being used with built-in Chromecast on Sony TVs apart from BT Sport? If it does, then it can probably be concluded that inbuilt Chromecast is the issue - if not, then it's likely the BT App that's at fault.

profile.country.GB.title
beelzebomb
Explorer

For info: a reply from BT:

"We can assure you that BT Sport profile is working fine and has no issue on the profile. It is only the broadband connection which need to be supportive for a perfect picture quality and sound synchronization."

I also suffer with this issue, it's only the BT sports app that seems to be affected, the now TV app works fine casting sky sports.

Tonight I think I counted the audio three seconds ahead of the video whilst watching the champions league... I decided to stop casting and dig in the audio settings during half time. I discoverd an AV sync control that was set to Auto. I set it to Off. On attempting to resume casting, the TV wouldn't connect to the app, so I held the power button on the remote to restart the TV.

It's now 25mins into the second half and the sync seems fine, for fotball commentary anyway.

profile.country.GB.title
beelzebomb
Explorer

Funnily enough, mine was almost ok yesterday watching United v Barcelona. I had disconnected everything I could from wi-fi beforehand (phone, computer) as a test to give the maximum to streaming. It wasn’t perfect like everything else I choose to stream this way, but I could live with it. Will see how that pans out. 

profile.country.GB.title
beelzebomb
Explorer

Now back to usual - sound ending up about 3 seconds ahead of the picture. Today I had to stop and restart the app 3 times to keep it from getting ridiculous. Doesn’t happen with anything else, only BT Sport app. Well done BT. 

profile.country.GB.title
Marktowno
New

Bingo. This worked for me on my Sony TV too. Bugged me for 3yrs!! Turn the AV Setting to "OFF".