Join now - be part of our community!

Dolby Vision Issues KD-55xe9305

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyfan9305
Explorer

Dolby Vision Issues KD-55xe9305

Hi,

around the start of the year, I started having issues watching some programmes on Netflix, using the inbuilt app on the Android TV. Screen brightness and colour casts changed regularly, sometimes several times in the same scene when viewing programmes. This is making some programmes unwatchable. It is also repeatable, in that I can rewind a scene and the colour cast/brightness changes will repeat themselves.

I notice that it seems to impact Dolby Vision programmes only. The TV is in Dolby Vision mode (can't be changed) when the issues occur. We have recently started using the Disney+ app too, and that has the same issues. Other apps (YouTube for instance) is not affected by this, presumably because it isn't using Dolby Vision. 

Normal TV is watched via HDMI (Virginmedia Tivo box) and there are no picture issues at all, same when playing DVD/Blu rays via HDMI. TV firmware is up to date according to the Help downloader PKG6.6545.0255EUA. Would resetting something help or is this bad firmware?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Try a reset and let us know how it goes.

Best wishes,

M