Join now - be part of our community!

How do I switch to BT Youview box?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Hilsww
Explorer

How do I switch to BT Youview box?

I've got a new Bravia Android and just discovered pause won't work !

I've connected my BT Youview box but can't figure out how to use that instead of the TV Youview 

Any ideas please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Hilsww wrote:

It has a list of options (hdmi1, 2, 3, Digital, streaming, Youview) but only Digital seems to have a signal

It looks like you move up and down that list using the up/down arrow keys on the ring in the centre of the remote, and to see what is on a source, you press the central button there, or you wait five seconds.

So try that on each one, especially the HDMI input you plugged the YouView box into, making sure the YouView box is switched on.

If you still see nothing, make sure the HDMI cable is fully plugged in at both ends, and if still nothing, check the HDMI cable works, ideally by using it with something else like a Blu-ray player, if you have one.

This signal on Digital though - what is it? Does it change when you press the channel buttons on the TV remote, or those on the YouView box?

If your setup is how you described above, with no aerial input to the TV, I would not expect there to be anything to see on the Digital input.

But can you please say exactly which TV you have, so I can look in your exact manual?

And again though, as you haven’t said, what happens when you try my first recipe?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Hilsww wrote:

I've got a new Bravia Android and just discovered pause won't work !

I've connected my BT Youview box but can't figure out how to use that instead of the TV Youview 

Any ideas please?

How have you connected it? The ideal method would be via a working HDMI cable to one of the TV’s HDMI inputs.

Then, with the TV and the YouView box both in Standby, I would expect that when you switch the YouView box on, it would switch the TV on, and select that HDMI input.

If the TV is already On, though, and you switch the YouView box on and want to watch it, there should be a button top left on your remote, with an image of an arrow pointing left to right into a little screen outline, and you press this to move between the HDMI inputs, as many times as is needed to select the HDMI input that the box is connected to.

(On the whole, it might easier to switch the TV off and use the first method).

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
Hilsww
Explorer

Hi, I have the aerial going into the BTbox and then an HDMI  from there to the TV (HDMI IN).  So I'm only using a single HDMI into the TV and no direct aerial.

I've tried the top left button but no luck

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Hilsww wrote:

Hi, I have the aerial going into the BTbox and then an HDMI  from there to the TV (HDMI IN).  So I'm only using a single HDMI into the TV and no direct aerial.

I've tried the top left button but no luck

That should be OK.

What happened when you tried my first recipe?

What do you see on the TV screen as you repeatedly press that top left button?

profile.country.GB.title
Hilsww
Explorer

profile.country.GB.title
Hilsww
Explorer

It has a list of options (hdmi1, 2, 3, Digital, streaming, Youview) but only Digital seems to have a signal

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Hilsww wrote:

It looks like you move up and down that list using the up/down arrow keys on the ring in the centre of the remote, and to see what is on a source, you press the central button there, or you wait five seconds.

So try that on each one, especially the HDMI input you plugged the YouView box into, making sure the YouView box is switched on.

If you still see nothing, make sure the HDMI cable is fully plugged in at both ends, and if still nothing, check the HDMI cable works, ideally by using it with something else like a Blu-ray player, if you have one.

This signal on Digital though - what is it? Does it change when you press the channel buttons on the TV remote, or those on the YouView box?

If your setup is how you described above, with no aerial input to the TV, I would not expect there to be anything to see on the Digital input.

But can you please say exactly which TV you have, so I can look in your exact manual?

And again though, as you haven’t said, what happens when you try my first recipe?

profile.country.GB.title
Hilsww
Explorer

Hi, thank you so much for your help.

I tried everything you suggested and it turns out the hdmi cable was faulty.

On the list, digital goes to the TV Youview and Youview switches to the BT box.

Thanks again!!

profile.country.GB.title
Hilsww
Explorer

Hi, thank you so much for your help.

I tried everything you suggested and it turns out the hdmi cable was faulty.

On the list, digital goes to the TV Youview and Youview switches to the BT box.

Thanks again!!

Tags (1)