Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55A1 sound cuts out and Info Banner shows on loud sounds.

profile.country.GB.title
sihayco33
Explorer

KD-55A1 sound cuts out and Info Banner shows on loud sounds.

I think I have found a repeatable fault in the latest issued verion of Android on my A1. I was watching 4k Dunkirk via my UBP-X800 - wired directly to TV HDMI. The TV was set to a volume of 34. Everytime there was a loud explosion on screen, the sound cut out and the Info Banner apeared across the top of the screen.

Switching the the soundbar for the sound, and not using the TV speaker at all, we saw the same symptoms.

Is this a "Safety Feature"? I have carried out a Soft Reset, but no change.

Simon

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Rhys268
Explorer

You're not alone - I have exactly the same problem (also Dunkirk) as does another user on here. Am waiting on Sony's engineers to reply, they've been on this for two weeks and nothing back yet.

profile.country.GB.title
Rhys268
Explorer

Simon - thank you! It works, you've just done more than an awful lot of experts.

I too am having this issue. 

Sony KD65XE8596 TV with a Sony UBP X800 bluray player. Again with Dunkirk!

Ive turned off the banner, and the BD AUDI MIX SETTING. Then when I play it I have audio for the menu but no audio for the film! Once I turn on the BD AUDIO MIX SETTING again i get sound but still cuts out with loud explosions. 

Any help please? Driving me mad. 2k worth of kit and it doesn't work correctly. 

profile.country.GB.title
omercymercyme
New

I'm having exactly the same issue with Dunkirk. I tried the BD Mix off, but there is no sound at all when I do this. Does anyone know why selecting 'off' on BD Mix is resulting in no sound whatsoever.  I have a Sony UBP-X 800, SonyKD49XE9005 and a Canton DM75

Btw...I found the response on another thread...Apparently Sony are saying it's a Disc problem.

Further to my last post, I have now had a response from Sony Support.  They tell me they have tested the Dunkirk Blu ray and Ultra Blu ray on their equipment and have experienced the same noise drop out etc problem.  They have also tested other titles and have found that it is only the Dunkirk Blu ray discs that have the drop out problem and that it only happens on 4K TVs.  Sony Support says that they have been in contact with Warners (the producers/distributors of the film) who have confirmed that the discs will react in the way described when shown on 4K TVs, whether Sony TVs or another make.  Sony Support say that neither their Blu ray player nor their TV is faulty.  So where do we stand?  As I mentioned previously, having played the Dunkirk discs on the blu ray player, but onto my non 4k TV, I had no problems.  So it seems that one has to either keep the discs and accept that one cannot view the film on 4K TVs without the drop out problem or return the discs.  Neither is satisfactory, but I can't think of any other course of action, unfortunately.