Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XD8005 AV2 component input not detecting the signal

profile.country.GB.title
mksheth
New

KD-55XD8005 AV2 component input not detecting the signal

Hello everyone.

I have the sony bravia 55 TV where i am trying to connect my karaoke wired mic. The mic has 3 RCA (White, Red, Yellow) male output jacks. to connect this mic to AV2 input of the TV, i purchased a 3.5 mm 4 pole AV adaptor and plugged the mic into this adaptor and put the adaptor on the AV2 input on the TV. But when i change the input source of the TV to AV2, i dont get any sound/video. i just see a message "No signal, please check your external input.....". Here is the link of the adaptor cable that i picked from ebay. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323683632673. The seller has very high rating and other buyers seem to be happy with the purchase. so not sure why its not working my Bravia. To test and ensure that the mic was working properly, I plugged it into an old TV of a friend with 3 RCA input and it worked fine there. 

Any advice on how to make this work will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

mksheth

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @mksheth,

from experience I can tell you that these adapters don't all use the same contacts on the 3,5mm end for the same signal - meaning it could be, that the video cable (yellow) from your karaoke machine might needs to be plugged into the red or white input of your adapter to work on the TV.

- Nic