Join now - be part of our community!

sony bravia unresponsive with a blue spinning circle

SOLVED
paul3771
New

sony bravia unresponsive with a blue spinning circle

hi,

have been setting up my bravia 809cbu from new, everything ok at first but then it was automaticaly checking for updates and all i get now is a sign of a ethernet cable not connected and a spinning blue circle. The tv will now not respond to the remote or controls on the back of the tv. Ive turned of by the mains a number of times but when its turned back on the sony logo comes up then it just starts the blue spinning circle again.

Has anyone had  issues like this or know how to fix. The internet & connections are fine and using fibre optic broundband , so no issues there.

help would be really appreciated

thanks

paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
helios44
Explorer

Yeh, info for others who may have this issue. F/W updates can take more than half an hour. Just have to be patient. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
paul3771
New

update...

looking at the picture it actually looks like a plug then ethernet with a warning sign over it..is it actually ment to inform me not to unplug while the circle is turning...it has been doing it for a long while this is why i'm thinking somethings wrong.

paul3771
New

my bad ignore the above, its been a long day, all fine now 

profile.country.en_GB.title
helios44
Explorer

Yeh, info for others who may have this issue. F/W updates can take more than half an hour. Just have to be patient. 

Mel1905
New

I'm having this problem could you tell me how you solved this problem..

thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

If you have a 2015 TV and updating the firmware, you need to wait a while.  As a previous poster above said, can take half hour.

Cheers

Mel1905
New

I did see after I posted. Thank you though didn't read all of the comments as they wasn't al showing. 

Thanks 

Melandy
New

I have a 2015 Sony bravia. and mine keeps updating all the time,today it's been unresponsive twice since buying it it seems to be happening more and more I'm wondering if it's faulty any ideas???

michaeltduggan
Explorer

what about 2hrs of no response?

i have just downloaded the new firmware the tv asked to install over wifi, and still the same problem!!!!

dont unplug! spinning circle!!

profile.country.GB.title
pache12
New

Does any one have an answer . 

Pache12