Join now - be part of our community!

kd-55xe8596 does not turn via the remote.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Bilaal1
Explorer

kd-55xe8596 does not turn via the remote.

Hi 

I have a KD-XE558596 tv which is 3 years old. In the last few weeks, the tv does not come on via the remote or via the on/off button in the tv side. We have to turn off from the switch and wait a few minutes. Then it will come on via the on/off switch on the tv. Does not come on via the remote. 

I have installed the latest software update PKG6.7140.0358EUA.

Has anyone seen this before.

Regards & Thanks

Tariq

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team
7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Tariq,

Maybe a defect remote that is transmitting all time and blocks the TV.

If possible try another remote.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Bilaal1
Explorer

Hi Peter, 

Thank you for your update. The remote works as we use it to get to android function or settings etc, it will turn off the tv and turn it back on it back on. The issue only happens first thing in the morning. 

I do have a spare remote and will try to find it and check.

Regards

Tariq

profile.country.GB.title
Bilaal1
Explorer

Hi Peter, 

I have now tried this with a new remote, it is still not working. The issue is only the first time you turn on the tv in the morning. Once it has been turned on, you are able to turn it off and then on via the remote.

In the morning, it does not come on via the remote or via the on switch on the left hand side. Once you turn off at the mains, wait a few minutes, turn on the mains, it still does not work via the remote. I have to press the on switch on the left side of the tv.

This is now more consistent since this started to happen about two months ago.

Regards & Thanks

Tariq

profile.country.GB.title
Bilaal1
Explorer

Hi  Peter, 

Same thing happened again this morning. 

Is there any diagnostic we cam run on this tv or does it keep any logs internally ?

Regards and thanks

Tariq

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team
profile.country.GB.title
Bilaal1
Explorer

Hi Peter, 

I did the factory reset yesterday and this morning, I was able to turn the tv on via the remote.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Tariq

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Bilaal1 , glad it helped, thank you for sharing the outcome so that other users can benefit from it.