Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XD8599 - 4K HDR Question

profile.country.GB.title
rainbow106

KD-65XD8599 - 4K HDR Question

Hi everyone .

Now is this Sony TV bravia KD65XD8599BU a 4k HDR.

Because when you are playing games it shows 1080 can not 

Get 4K even though it says it is .

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @rainbow106

Yes it is:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/faq-does-my-tv-have-hdr/td-p/2254437

Also ensure:

• That you are using a hi-speed HDMI cable capable of 18Gbps
  • Enable enhanced format in the HDMI settings, see HERE
  • Ensure that the game you are playing is actually 4K and/or HDR

Also I have moved your post to a new thread as it has nothing to do with the thread you created this post in.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
El_D1ablo
Explorer

Oh that's my uncle

we are talking about the same tv

yeah I had his tv plugged into an Amd r9 fury x

set Windows desktop resolution to 4K.. Got a blank screen

only way to get it into 4K was via the games internal resolution And it worked but I'm suspecting that was 4K virtual super resolution as it looked the same when I put it back to 1080p

also the games I tested were 

Battlefield 1

Doom (2016)

Resident Evil 7

all of which are made for these resolutions and contain dx12 / Vulkan texture streaming extentions

i also had to set each games internal gamma waaaay to high to be able to see the game levels 

I had all the TVs internal post processing features turned off. Which if anything should make things better

i don't get it. Amd supply the hardware for the PlayStation and have Dolby HDR ready drivers.. Do they now need one for Sony TVs .?

xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

AMD r9 Fury X cards don't have HDMI 2.0 ports, so you will never get 4k Native output@60Hz or HDR to a TV full stop.

You will get 4k@30 Hz at best which will be abysmal for PC gaming.  You can buy Display port to HDMI 2.0 adapters, but they are expensive (£80 ish), and I would gamble that they are not worth it in the slightest and highly likely not to work at all.

Currently, the only AMD graphics cards that have HDMI 2.0a+ ports are the AMD R400 series.

All Nvidia 9 and 10 series graphics cards have HDMI 2.0a minimum and ALL support HDR.

You can solely blame AMD for this.  How they could have sold a £500+ graphics card with Next Gen HBM memory on it, yet couldn't be bothered to spend £1 during manufacture to put a HDMI 2.0+ port on it will remain a mystery to me.

profile.country.GB.title
El_D1ablo
Explorer

Fury x has displayport which does and i used a displayport to HDMI

we also have a rx 580 red devil golden sample

nvidia could also spend £1 to not make their graphics cards explode

like with their gtx 1080