Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XE9005 oreo 8.0 hdmi arc not working

profile.country.FI.title
HorGrath
Explorer

KD-65XE9005 oreo 8.0 hdmi arc not working

hdmi arc stopped working properly after oreo 8.0 update. Update installed with usb, factory reset after update and all settings adjusted ok. ARC works ok if tv shut down with long press power button, or power cable off. But after normal press of power button (goes to standby) arc doesn't work. I use Yamaha RX-V683 with latest firmware, absolutely 0-problems with arc in this setup in nougat 7.0. Bravia sync is on and doesn't matter if disabled, didn't help either to reset hdmi-control in yamaha settings. I noticed that when I put tv to standby, amp says "mute on" then "mute off" and then it shuts down. Amp always powers on after tv powers on, so bravia sync / hdmi control works ok.

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

@HorGrath wrote:

But after normal press of power button (goes to standby) arc doesn't work.

Hi @HorGrath,

It would be helpful if you can describe the issue with as much detail as possible. So if I understand you well, what you mean by "ARC doesn't work", is that after turning the TV back ON from standby, you do not have audio on the AVR anymore. Is that the correct description?

Cheers,

Dutchice

Gksonyoh
New

I’ve run into the same problem after updating to Oreo two days ago. However I found a workaround untIl Sony fixes the root cause. Add an optical cable between the tv and the receiver. The tv still detects the existence of the receiver and switches to external audio, but the receiver then uses the optical cable instead of the hdmi audio. Hope it works for you.

profile.country.FI.title
HorGrath
Explorer

@dutchice wrote:

@HorGrath wrote:

But after normal press of power button (goes to standby) arc doesn't work.

Hi @HorGrath,

It would be helpful if you can describe the issue with as much detail as possible. So if I understand you well, what you mean by "ARC doesn't work", is that after turning the TV back ON from standby, you do not have audio on the AVR anymore. Is that the correct description?

Cheers,

Dutchice

Hi, yes audio doesn't come from avr after standby. If I put it back to standby immediately and on again the audio works.

profile.country.FI.title
HorGrath
Explorer

@Gksonyoh wrote:

I’ve run into the same problem after updating to Oreo two days ago. However I found a workaround untIl Sony fixes the root cause. Add an optical cable between the tv and the receiver. The tv still detects the existence of the receiver and switches to external audio, but the receiver then uses the optical cable instead of the hdmi audio. Hope it works for you.

Thanks for the advice, but I'll stick to current workarounds with hdmi until solution from sony.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

It actually works on mine XD80 (I have a Yamaha RX-v483), so maybe a workaround would be to have the same Audio settings. These are mine (in Italian, but they should be easily comprehensible):

Bravia_2019-02 04_09.45.09.png

I hope it may help!

profile.country.GB.title
MarkyH3000
Explorer

Same problem, if the TV’s been off for a while I turn on and no sound from ARC. It was fine with Android v7. If I turn off then back on it starts working OK. I’ve run out of things to try on both Sony and Yam settings. Again as you the HDMI control is working so power on TV and Yam comes on and select correct input etc.

I have an AF8 and Yam RX-A1080 with latest firmware (1.51)

Sony said the same to me, engineers know about, no ETA for fix.

profile.country.GB.title
MarkyH3000
Explorer
profile.country.GB.title
SnAkEs1210

No ETA for a fix?? 😂 😂 😂 yeah, i doubt very much if they will fix it. Sony don't seem to fix things, they just break stuff with every update they release. I have had issues with my TV for nearly 3 years now and none of those have ever been fixed. The arc issue you are experiencing is exactly the same as the issue I've been experiencing with attaching an external hard drive. I connect a hard drive to my tv and mount it as internal storage (more room for apps). Everything is fine until the tv is off for a longer period of time, then when turning the tv on again the hard drive is unmounted and all my apps are gone or won't open when I click on them. I then have to disconnect the hard drive, reconnect it, turn the tv off and on a bunch of times to get it working again. Sometimes it's only partially working and I can no longer write to the hard drive, which means nothing will install from Google play, i then have to reformat the hard drive and start again. Sony were looking into it 3 years ago, but I like everyone else that's experienced the issue haven't heard anymore about it. I tried 11 different hard drives/USB sticks etc. same thing for everyone. Sony said I need to use one of the recommended hard drives and sent me a list of drives from 2013 that you can't even purchase anymore unless you are lucky enough to find one on ebay second hand 😂 I would put money on it that I would still have the same issue even if I did buy one they recommend. They also broke the write to external drive option with the nougat 7.0 update so now the drive has to be mounted as an internal storage device in order to write to it but that then leads to the issue of the drive disconnecting over night and losing everything, games, apps, pictures everything 😂 I noticed they removed the oreo update now, should've removed the nougat update as well in my opinion, nothing but grief and although Sony seem helpful at first "our engineers our working on a fix" this helpfulness soon fizzles out completely. I wouldn't hold out any hope for the arc issue being fixed. If your tv is still under warranty, I would seriously recommend sending it back and choosing a different brand altogether.