Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XE9305 problems after Android 8.0 update

profile.country.NO.title
Taldust
Explorer

KD-65XE9305 problems after Android 8.0 update

Hi everyone,

A while back, I updated my 65XE9305  to the latest software version.

After the update, I experience the following:

When the TV is turned on after being turned off for some time, it goes through a long startup process. First, "android" appears on the screen, second, the TV restarts, third the "SONY" comes up on the screen, and forth a graphic comes up (4 colorful dots) that was displayed when the latest version of Android was installed. The whole startup takes 2-4 minutes (it varies), compared to the normal boot of a few seconds.

When off, TV does not communicate with Google Home nor can I cast directly from YouTube, Netflix etc. I can therefore not turn on the TV without the remote, as I am used to.

All these things work as usual once the TV has been "manually" turned on and gone through the process. If I turn off the TV for a short time, it will start quickly, casting will turn the TV on and Google Home will be able to control the TV normally.

However, if the TV has been turned off for some time, it has to go through the long boot again. For example, I have to go through this process the first time the TV goes on every day, and again every time the TV has been turned off for an hour or two.

A complete "factory reset" did not remedy the problem.

Has anyone experienced similar issues and do you have a solution? 

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. Factory reset didn´t help.

profile.country.NO.title
Taldust
Explorer

Seems like there won’t be any help to find, including from Sony support. Does anyone know if there is a way to go back to the old firmware?

profile.country.NO.title
Taldust
Explorer

Please update if you find a solution to this. I’ll of course do the same, should I find a fix.

profile.country.NO.title
Taldust
Explorer

I received the response below from Sony support (in Swedish).  After following step 1 - 5, the TV was fast and responsive and the problem seemingly corrected. Once external devices were reconnected, the problems were back. I have a Sony soundbar and a Chromecast Ultra connected via HDMI.

Vänligen utför följande felsökningssteg.

1. Koppla bort alla externa enheter som är anslutna till din TV.
2. Tryck på "Home" och navigera till: "Inställningar" - "Externa ingångar" - "BRAVIA sync-inställningar" - "BRAVIA Sync-kontroll". Ställ denna till av.
3. Tryck på "Home" och navigera till: "Inställningar" - "Nätverk" - "Fjärrstart". Ställ denna till av.
4. Tryck på "Home" och navigera till: "Inställningar" - "Lagring och återställning" - "Delad internlagring" - "Cachelagrade data/buffrede data". Bekräfta rensningen.
5. Utför sedan en omstart genom att trycka en gång på "Home", när TV:n befinner sig i "Home"-menyn så ska du hålla standby-knappen på fjärrkontrollen (den gröna högst upp till höger)
intryckt i minst fem sekunder. Ett meddelande visas då på din TV och du kan släppa knappen. Din TV kommer nu att starta om.

Utför de fem stegen stegen ovan i nummerordning.

Om problemet kvarstår så utför du även följande felsökningssteg.

1. Utför en omstart genom att trycka en gång på "Home", när TV:n befinner sig i "Home"-menyn så ska du hålla standby-knappen på fjärrkontrollen (den gröna högst upp till höger)
intryckt i minst fem sekunder. Ett meddelande visas då på din TV och du kan släppa knappen. Din TV kommer nu att starta om. Låt TV starta om och starta upp ordentligt innan du går vidare till nästa steg.

2. Koppla bort TV:ns strömsladd och låt TV:n stå strömlös i minst fem minuter.

3. Utför en fabriksåterställning (OBS. raderar all sparad data på din TV) genom att trycka på "Home" och navigera till:
"Inställningar" - "Lagring och återställning" - "Återställ standardinställningar" - "Radera allt".

4. Öppna appen "Google Play Butik" och kontrollera så att alla appar är uppdaterade.

5. Stäng av funktionen "Ersättning av tjänster" genom att trycka på "Home" och navigera till:
"Inställningar" -"Kanalinställningar" - "Digital inställning" - "Teknisk inställning" - "Ersättning av tjänster". Ställ denna till av.

profile.country.GB.title
AlrightLike
Explorer

I still have the exact same issue with my KD65XE9305.  It randomly reboots normally after switching it on.  Been going on for over six months.  The firmware is at the latest version, SAMBA disabled, Google Play Store set to auto update apps.

Did anyone get a permanent fix for this?  I've performed three factory resets and done what Sony support suggest.  Now they are saying basically just live with it.