Join now - be part of our community!

KD 75XG8505 ARC sound problem with Yamaha RX-A850

KD 75XG8505 ARC sound problem with Yamaha RX-A850

There is a problem with my Sony KD 75XG8505 via the ARC link with my Yamaha RX-A850 receiver. The sound from the Sony TV comes on and off as it is performing some kind of buffering, which does not happen when I use the TV speakers directly. Moreover, some freeview HD channels also get affected/disappeared if I use the ARC connection but fine without the RX receiver.

I understand there is some software update (Android 9 Pie for 2019 models) that might be able to fix the sound buffereing issue with ARC as per this link: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00231372

Can you please confirm when the roll-out of this update is going to happen for my Sony TV?

In the meantime, I read from other forum suggestions that the use of an optical cable bewteen the Sony TV and the amplifier/receiver might be able to resolve this sound buffering/sync problem?

thanks,

ATSH

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi ATSH, 

Welcome to the Community. 

If you contact
Sony Support, they will be able to assist you further. 

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

I think there are 2 separate issues.

- the freeview channels dissapearing is a common issue where the hdmi cable interferes with the freeview signal. In theory a better shielded TV aerial cable will help.  In practice you're better off just trying to re position the aerial cable.

- re Arc issues. Would try a different hdmi cable first

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Just thought of one other possible issue though unlikely in this case.

I have seen posts on some forums where the receiver or TV is remembering a previous Hdmi connection.  Were either of the tv or receiver connected to a different receiver or TV previously?  If so a factory reset at both ends could cure the sound issues though would say its a very long shot (and a pita to do) - hence would assume cable issue first