Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43X8305C 2015 Android TV keeps rebooting

Phil_A
New

KD-43X8305C 2015 Android TV keeps rebooting

Hi,

Before I throw it back at Sony on Monday, has anyone had an issue with their 2015 4k Bravia Android TV continously rebooting? It's basically useless at the moment and stuck on one channel, reboots every few minutes without me even touching anything.

• Latest firmware was updated a few weeks ago, problem has only just started happening
  • Can't seem to get factory reset to work (up arrow on remote, standby/power button on back of TV)
  • Can't get into the menus without crashing to check for firmware update or do factory reset via menu.

Any suggestions?

Phil

44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Interesting problem you have.

Do you have anything connected to the TV?  If so, unplug it, even the aerial cable and see what happens

Cheers

Phil_A
New

I hadn't thought of unplugging the aerial but I have now have everything unplugged - no HDMI to soundbar, aerial, cat 6. I couldn't disable the wifi since I can't get to the menu but router switched off...no change...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately its looking like a hardware fault.

Cheers

Phil_A
New

I think you may be right - either that or Android has somehow become corrupted. It feels as though a factory reset would be the obvious thing but since I can't do that, it's a phone call to Sony on Monday. It somehow feels a bit strange that there isn't a purely hardware way of doing a factory reset...

marwenos
New

Hi, I'm encountering the same problem as you with this model. Tv reboots endlessly and on the display, I have Android update, starting applications... Do you have any update please from your side ? Regards
profile.country.GB.title
Dazrise3

Hi there

I seem to also have an issue where my TV. Will just reboot, go through the start up and. Start viewing again. Checked all sleep timers help welcome. Lucky I have 5 year warranty

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Dazrise3

Sony would like to investigate your problem with your TV unexpectedly rebooting.  Are you able to provide more information (see below for questions).

Thank you

--- --- --- --- ---

Unexpected_Reboot :

(Questions)

Q1 – What is your TV Model Number?

Q2 – Since when did you experience the random reboot issue?

• Since TV Purchase?
  • Since Software update? (Please state exact software/firmware version)
  • Not Sure?

Q3 – How often does the random reboot issue occur (i.e. once a day, twice a day, once a week etc.?)

Q4 – Are you able to consistently reproduce this issue?

• No, the problem is totally random
  • Yes – Please describe the step-by-step procedure

Q5 – How does your TV receive its broadcast signal?

• Digital TV by terrestrial antenna
  • Digital TV by satellite dish (state satellite system)
  • Digital TV by cable (state cable provider name)
  • Analog TV
  • Other (please describe)

Q6 – Is a CAM card necessary to reproduce the reboot problem?

Q7 – What other devices are connected to the TV?

Q8 – Does disabling Interactive Applications help avoid the reboot problem? (Instructions: HERE)

Q9 – Does turning OFF “Update Guide in Standby” help avoid the reboot problem? 

(HOME > Settings > Channel setup > Digital Setup > Guide set-up > Update Guide in standby > OFF)

Q10 – Any other additional information to add?

profile.country.GB.title
Dazrise3

(Questions)

Q1 – What is your TV Model Number? KD-498305C

Q2 – Since when did you experience the random reboot issue?

• Since TV Purchase?
  • Since Software update? (Please state exact software/firmware version)  6.0.1
  • Not Sure?

Q3 – How often does the random reboot issue occur (i.e. once a day, twice a day, once a week etc.?)

3 or 4 times a week

Q4 – Are you able to consistently reproduce this issue?

• No, the problem is totally random

Q5 – How does your TV receive its broadcast signal?

• Digital TV by satellite dish (state satellite system)  SKY

Q6 – Is a CAM card necessary to reproduce the reboot problem?

unsure what this is

Q7 – What other devices are connected to the TV?

Sony Soundbar and DVD Player

Q8 – Does disabling Interactive Applications help avoid the reboot problem? (Instructions: HERE)

NO

Q9 – Does turning OFF “Update Guide in Standby” help avoid the reboot problem? 

(HOME > Settings > Channel setup > Digital Setup > Guide set-up > Update Guide in standby > OFF)

NO

Q10 – Any other additional information to add?

Quinnicus adding : Unexpected_Reboot

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dazrise3  - Thanks.  Sony should pick this up.  I added a slight note to the end of your post, specifically for Sony.   Cheers