Join now - be part of our community!

KD49X8309C - Audio cutting out

rickh6
Explorer

KD49X8309C - Audio cutting out

Hi all,

I purchased a KD49X8309C a couple of weeks ago and have already had it replaced once because once turned on, the Sony logo appeared and then i was left with a blank screen.
I've had with lip sync issues for the past week which I've managed to sort out but now my audio cuts out intermittently.

The TV is connected to a Samsung HT-F5500 sound system and it only cut outs once every hour or so... sometimes not even that often. I've also updated the software on both TV and sound system.

I had no problems with my previous TV when connected to the sound system so it has to be the TV. 

I am really close to returning it again and going with a different brand but i am reluctant because other than these minor issues, it is a great TV.

Is there anybody else experiencing the same problem who may be able to help me please?

3 REPLIES 3
rickh6
Explorer

Just a thought... would my HDMI cables make any difference? I've had them for many years so i guess they may not be up to date?

I also forgot to mention that this problem happens wether i am watching through my blu-ray player, PS4 and virgin media.

Yes- I am having the same problem with my new SONY
BRAVIA KD55X8509C. Sound cuts out when connected to my sonos system. Mostly seeems ok, but when I switch channels it cuts out a few seconds later. Doesnt ruin it, just a bit annoying, but not what I expect from a new product, and enough to make me want to return it. Otherwise really pleased with it. Please resolve!

rickh6
Explorer

I was advised by Somy to do a factory reset and was told that should fix it... It hasn't. I guess I'll be taking the TV back once again. Not risking getting a third unit from them so off to Samsung or LG for me unless they can sort by the weekend.