Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-55X8005C picture Problems while using WiFi

Sony KD-55X8005C picture Problems while using WiFi

Since 2 month I have a Sony KD-55X8005C Android TV and like a lot of users in the comunity I am very unhappy about the software stability.

But my biggest issue I have is the picture and sound problems. The picture is stable and sharp as long as I don't use the WiFi with an other device in parallel (even when just surfing and searcing via google, so no big data load).

Freezing Picture and Sound:

Then the TV starts freezing parts of the picture ( or heavy pixeling) and the sound is stopping for a secong.

I am using kable TV (DVB-C) so it is not while streaming data from video providers. There is also no differnece between HD and standard channels.

It seems to be that the TV itself (CPU or someting else) is overloaded. The picture is perfect

Does anybody have the same situation with his sony Android TV and can offer a solution? Aas a workaround, is it possible to turn of the WiFi function only on TV? Havnet found this feature...

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Your the first that i know of to complain that the wifi on the tv is interferring with the picture.  As you havecsaid that you want to switch WiFi off completely, goto Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Built-in Wifi   and set this to OFF.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

GeraldDemartini
Explorer

If Wifi is causing problem with your TV then you should Switch off your WiFi.. That will solve the problem. If still you have problem then there is no problem related with WiFi. Some other problem is with your device. 

atdrocker
Explorer

I too have the intermittent loss of picture and sound, i will try turning off wifi.

atdrocker
Explorer

turning off wifi made absolutely no difference

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @atdrocker

Even though it may appear your problem is the same as the original poster above, it may just be different.  So taking things from the begining:

• Ensure you have the latest firmware installed
  • Factory reset the tv
  • Change the Wifi channel on your router

If that fails, please reply back with the exact modek of your tv, and a description on what is happening and why you think its wifi related?

Cheers