Join now - be part of our community!

KD55XD7005 - TV guide default

sonyandroid
Explorer

KD55XD7005 - TV guide default

Is there a way to set the default TV guide souce to digital rather than general satellite?

I've turned youview off as it's not possible to record from it and am watching freesat instead so i guess that's why it keeps changing back to general satellite. (The digital TV guide is much quicker to update whilst the satellite one invariably shows no Info until you view a channel in the right group)

I can manually change the setting via the action menu but it keeps changing back when i close the guide

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you please confirm - Are you trying to use the Digital EPG (which is for Freeview) for the channels on Satellite?   If so, see below.

Please note, Sony TVs are not Freesat compatible - even though there is a satellite tuner in the TVs and you can watch the satellite channels, the term Freesat is the actual company behind the EPG for the satellite channels.  This is why there is only a basic guide (EPG).

I know you can go to the Action Menu and change the 'broadcast' whilst in the EPG - However all you are doing is changing the TV from Satellite to Digital (Freeview) and doing it this way is simply a different/shorter way to 'hop between' satellite and digital EPG guides See pictures below:

DSCN0971.JPG

DSCN0973.JPG

DSCN0974.JPG

Cheers

sonyandroid
Explorer

In answer to your first question, yes, but only to see what's on, not to navigate channels  - it only switches from satellite to digital if you actually select a programme from the guide, otherwise the tv contInues to show the current satellite channel.

I think I confused things by referring to Satellite channels as 'Freesat'

Anyway, I think In answer to my own question - It's not possible to change the default guide for satellite. The guide for satellite is quite frankly garbage.

After havIng the TV for a few days now there are a few very annoying problems/designs most of which seem to bave already been covered on this forum

1. You can't simultaneously have satellite channels and youview activated (I was hoping to get rid of my separate youview box)

2. You can't record from youview (utterly ridiculous)

3. If you record from satellite, you can't watch another channel ( stupendously ridiculous ! Are we back In the days of betamax toploaders?) You also can't watch iplayer etc whIlst recording.

4. There doesn't seem to be an unmount option for connected HDDs

5. Despite advertising voice control the tv doesn't come with the required remote, you have to buy an excessively expensive one separately.

6. Some of the catchup players are disabled without freeview activated.

On the plus side, the picture is fantastic, setup was a breeze, VLC and KODI seem to work really well for my needs so i can get rid of my sumvision cyclone 4 media player, and it works seamlessley wIth my sony str810 receiver/amp and my sony bluray player.

So for the tIme being I'm gonna have to keep my separate youview box for recording, using itv player and hope that Sony come up with a new update before the end of the century...