Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD-43XD8077 UHD stream

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Budhi108

Sony Bravia KD-43XD8077 UHD stream

Hi there,

I have Sony Bravia KD-43XD8077 . HDMI 2 and 3 are for UHD. I'm wondering is streaming from netflix and youtube UHD also?

and

I set HDR to automatic, but when watching some HDR video from youtube and go to settings, it is still on automatic mode. Then I manually set HDR on and picture is more colorfull. Why HDR video from youtube not activate HDR function by himself?

Thanks

sorry on my english. Not my native language.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

HDMI-ARC is indeed Port 3 on your TV - Just checked the manual.  :slight_smile:

I have just tested a a couple of YouTube clips that state 4096x2160 they seem to play ok

Cheers

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Both YouTube and Netflix will stream 4K content to your TV - however it must say 4K on it.  For 4K Netflix, you will need the highest package they offer which I think is £8.99 per month.

In regards to HDR on YouTube, have a read of this thread - as it explains everything.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/youtube-hdr-finally/m-p/2251169

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Budhi108

Hi, tnx for answer. I will check youtube link you give me.

but, what I mean is is streaming channel support 4k on my tv?

I don't understand well specifications about HDMI:

are HDMIs 1 and 4 only 1080p or they are also UHD (3840 × 2160)  and HDMIs 2 and 3 have 4096 × 2160 resolution (so 2 and 3 have biger resolution then 1 and 4)

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

In regards to the HDMI specs of your model TV - all HDMI ports (1,2,3 and 4) support 4K at 3840x2160 resolution using HDCP 2.2 protocol.

Only HDMI ports 2 and 3 support the following:

• Resolution - 4096x2160
  • Upto 18Gbps (where-as HDMI ports 1 and 4 are upto 9Gbps)
  • 4K 60p 4:4:4(8bit), 4:2:2(8,10,12bit), 4:2:0(8,10bit)
  • HDR Supported

Basically if you have a connected device (via HDMI) and it requires the higher speed HDMI ports (i.e. Sky Q Silver box) - then this must be connected to ports 2 and 3 only.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Budhi108

Hi there,

this is great,

one more question.

Stream internet input have spec like HDMI 2 and 3?

thank you very much for all your answers.

Have a nice day.

ps. What is your opinion: Will SD channels look better upscaling trough component input, upscaling just to 1080p instead trough HDMI upscaling to UHD?

profile.country.GB.title
Budhi108

Hi,

Is it  problem if I connect ps4 in ARC HDMI?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The HDMI-ARC port is a multi-function port - If you do not have an audio system that takes advantage of the ARC port, then you can connect anything to it.  The PS4 is fine - however the PS4 Pro would need the other 2 ports mentioned above.

In regards to your other couple of questions:

• "Stream internet input have spec like HDMI 2 and 3?" - I dont understand this question im afraid, can you explain a bit more?
  • "Will SD channels look better upscaling trough component input, upscaling just to 1080p instead trough HDMI upscaling to UHD?" - If you have the option of HDMI, always use it.  Even though component will do 1080p, HDMI in my opinion will be better.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Budhi108

Hi,

tnx for answer.

In my TV ARC is in HDMi 3 not in HDMI 1 input. I don't know why, but it is. So I can connect PS4 in hdmi 2 or hdmi 3 with ARC,

As for  stream question from last post,,,

Is UHD stream from internet can be in 4096x2160 or just in 3840x2160?

Thank you, You help me a lot.

Kind regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

HDMI-ARC is indeed Port 3 on your TV - Just checked the manual.  :slight_smile:

I have just tested a a couple of YouTube clips that state 4096x2160 they seem to play ok

Cheers