Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

6. A series of different messages will appear on the TV screen - follow the on screen instructions

see whay i just said? what bit of "black screen" is not specified here?

black screen -> no image -> no menu -> no screen instructions

is somebody playing around here? it crowd people workins as support? "have you tried to turn it off and on again?"

what a disspair 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vick18

I dont know what steps they are using or any info like that im afraid.  I also dont know if they can reproduce it either.  But it does seem like they cant.

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

i could send them my tv for them to play with and they can give me a new one :tongue:

Ralf1410

After reset, can we install update from initial settings screen? If not then how could we set the TV without picture.

profile.country.RO.title
Solidfire
Explorer

"A series of different messages will appear on the TV screen - follow the on screen instructions."

Is this a joke!?

I can't belive that i bought a product from these jokers!!!!

This is lack of respect. They are treating this problem without a bit of interest. It's clear that they are not into the essence of the problem.

I'm sending this issue to the media! A bit of "advertisement" for Sony won't hurt (me only them)!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone please give it a go.  

https://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/137957/

Although, i have mentioned step 6.

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

@Ralf1410

we cannot. Frist we should be able to have some display information

eathis
Explorer

@Anonymous I have just tried following the instructions, but get stuck at step 6. No onscreen instructions appear, as the screen is black. Sony will need to supply some kind of installer with a script to bypass the interactive steps and force the software to run.

Gleb_off

Here the file is now downloaded from the support site
Sony jokes?

123.JPG

Ralf1410

How can we install the same update again? Is it possible at all?