Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
vetvicka
Explorer

Hi,

i called to the support, i think the guy was trying to go with me through point in the list.

But he was suprised by the point 4 and 5, becouse my TV after i think 5 seconds start blinking green/amber lights.

He expected that tv will be off until you press the on button on remote.

Does your TV start blinking same as mine?

Jhinwxm

Starting to wonder if we are dealing with amatuers here...

eathis
Explorer

@vetvicka Yes, my TV starts flashing as soon as the mains power is connected - before I press any buttons on the remote.

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

my led turned white now! take the stick out, unplug the tv then plug it back in and wait 2 minutes

the tv will flash green-amber, now press the power button on your remote and only after that plug the stick

the music is on, the led is white but nothing else. i'm gonna leave it like that for an hour to see if anythign changes

bazsoz
Explorer

Hi, me too. So when you Plug TV into the mains TV starts automatically ON, and after flashing amber/green LED. 

Jhinwxm

Yeah same here. Plug TV in, it turns itself on, can hear sound then it starts flashing green/amber. 

Ralf1410

@Jhinwxm wrote:

Starting to wonder if we are dealing with ametuers here...

Not amateurs, just the blind leading the blind

Jhinwxm

They have emailed me these instructions too, just received it.

Do they definitely not work?

Serguyan

Solidfire написано:

"A series of different messages will appear on the TV screen - follow the on screen instructions."

Is this a joke!?

I can't belive that i bought a product from these jokers!!!!

This is lack of respect. They are treating this problem without a bit of interest. It's clear that they are not into the essence of the problem.

I'm sending this issue to the media! A bit of "advertisement" for Sony won't hurt (me only them)!

Item 6 when good TV is missing, because the firmware starts AUTOMATICALLY, press any of the buttons is NOT NECESSARY. Item 6 calls for the following the instructions on screen, which is the inscription "do not turn off the TV from the power outlet" and the picture with this action.

eathis
Explorer

@Serguyan Okay, I am trying again and not pressing any buttons under the assumption it will run automatically. Will leave it for over half an hour and report back if anything has happened. 

I had done a factory reset before though, so I don't know if that will affect whether it runs or not.