Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
Serguyan

eathis написано:

@Serguyan Okay, I am trying again and not pressing any buttons under the assumption it will run automatically. Will leave it for over half an hour and report back if anything has happened. 

I had done a factory reset before though, so I don't know if that will affect whether it runs or not.

I explained what is written in paragraph 6. If the TV is in good condition, paragraph 6 it says "do not unplug". Now our TV is FAULTY, so item 6 is missing. TV will not start the update because it installed the new firmware. Need to wait for a fix that the TV will determine how the new firmware.

eathis
Explorer

@Serguyan Yes, you're correct. Nothing happening.

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

the last trick did not work,white led and music is as far as i got

i hope sony can help us resurect these tvs soon, i'm running out of patience

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HUSH2H

Ok, so you got a white LED when going though - even though it didnt work, is the LED light still white or has it gone back to Amber/Green again?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All

Can a couple of you private message me with some contact details

• Name
  • Phone Number

This is so I can pass back to Sony for them to contact you back.  As a pure guess, this might be to troubleshoot and ascertain further information.

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

@Quinnicus wrote:

@HUSH2H

Ok, so you got a white LED when going though - even though it didnt work, is the LED light still white or has it gone back to Amber/Green again?

it is still white but dimmed, music is on and the screen is black

Sony support asked me to try this guide: https://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/137957

Jhinwxm

Has anyone successfully restored their TV using the latest instructions?

Seems to me they are being lazy about this. Wakey wakey time Sony, stop messing us about sending bogus fixes.. I'm going to try whn I get in from work, but reading this thread I shouldn't even bother.

Another day passes and still no definite fix. Very very poor service from Sony.

The tech people looking at this should come on this thread and engage with us, its not rocket science is it?

Time to start using some common sense as these chinese whispers are getting us nowhere.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

Thanks to the people who passed on their details - I have forwarded to Sony.  No need for any others contact details at current.

So the state of play at end of today is:

Sony released some instructions today that they hoped would work, unfortunately that was not the case.  Information from this thread has been passed to Sony as well.  And received feedback that Sony is continuing their investigations in regards to this issue.

Thank you all for your patience. 

Serguyan

Wouldn't it be simpler to rebuild the old firmware and add it as a new release for the TV will automatically ask for the old version? To link the victims in this thread. People were left without the TV. The old firmware works.

charlesdavies
Explorer

I too have this issue with a KDL43W805C. I have already attempted to run the software update via a USB stick. Having contacted Sony Support I shall follow the steps to the word but I am not anticipating any success. This has proven very frustrating, apart from the limited hours the Support line is open (when I am away from the appliance) so I am hoping for a speedy resolution.