Join now - be part of our community!

My SONY - BRAVIA KD49XG8096BU just can’t turn on

Janet3851
New

My SONY - BRAVIA KD49XG8096BU just can’t turn on

Suddenly I can’t turn on my Sony Bravia tv. I’ve bought for 3 months . I try to register my product online but unsuccessful. What is wrong with it?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Vapeland

When you say it won’t turn on! Do you get any lights show up on the tv at all to show there’s power going on?

profile.country.GB.title
Simpleman10

I found out the hard way that my new Bravia XG95 doesn’t work with a cable extension lead. Only works plugged into the mains wall socket for some reason. I couldn’t understand why it wouldn’t switch on. 

profile.country.GB.title
Vapeland

Must be a faulty extension cable because mine is plugged into one and works fine

profile.country.GB.title
Simpleman10

Good to know but I’ve checked the extension and it works with other devices. Tried it with the TV again and still doesn’t give power. Strange but not a big deal as I now have it plugged directly into the wall power socket.

profile.country.GB.title
Simpleman10

Sorry to hijack this thread. I just tried using a different extension socket into a different wall socket and still no power. Seems I will need to keep the TV plugged directly into the wall power socket.

profile.country.GB.title
Vapeland

How weird is that! I have to run mine through an extension cable because when I walk mounted mine I put the wall mount to close to the plug socket and the plugs attached to the tv don’t bend enough to fit (school boy error). Just seems weird yours won’t work