Join now - be part of our community!

NETFLIX button on remote Stopped Working

profile.country.GB.title
darrensony
Explorer

NETFLIX button on remote Stopped Working

Have a Sony KD-43X8307C Smart 4K UltraHD 43 inch TV (Android). Latest Firmware.

Just recently (past couple of weeks) the Netflix button has stopped working. When pressed it displays a TV dialogue (as opposed to a Netflix dialogue) - 'To use this feature, this TV must be connected to the Internet...' - When I go through the connection procedure the button starts working.

The next day same thing happens. Started to get a bit tiresome, so i did a bit of troubleshooting. Instead of going through the connectiopn procedure, I pressed HOME button and launched YouTube - worked perfectly.

I then tried Netflix from the HOME screen and hey presto it worked perfectly. I pressed the NETFLIX button again and the same connection dialogue appears?

Have changed the batteries on the remote, same response.

Even installed 'App Starter' an app that allows you to change what app the NETFLIX button launches - didn't work - same response.

PLEASE FIX SONY

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

This usually happens when you push the Netflix button right after turning on the TV.

When starting the TV it takes a while until it connects to your Wi-Fi network - so better wait a few minutes until you push the Netflix button.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Chasmack
New

I have the same problem, it doesn't matter how long you wait, it still doesn't connect. Really frustrating...

its just the netflix button, the TV is connected to the network and works fine in all other apps.

Sony, please fix this issue.

i have a 2016 Sony Bravia, 50 inch