Join now - be part of our community!

no sound ps4-kd55s8505c-srszr5

profile.country.GB.title
brotherduck
Explorer

no sound ps4-kd55s8505c-srszr5

Hi

i am having few sound issues with the following sony set up.

which part is not processing the sound from PS4 to kd55s8505c to two srszr5, all items have there latest available software. 

playing 3d star wars disc 7.1 hd master dts sound the speakers output nothing but on tv speakers 

are ok. is it the tv not converting to stereo for the speakers. i have similar issue trying to output sound from Disney plus on this set up too. 

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

I suppose that the PS4 doesn't output the multichannel sound. Probably because the format cannot be played by the TV. Try to change the sound output settings of the PS4 to a compatible format.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
brotherduck
Explorer

Thanks Peter

seen you reply to both post, i do not know how i managed to repeat the post. 

anyway the issue looks to have cleared perhaps rebooting all systems, no changes to set up. 

kind of kills the event trying to get family to watch film when it does not work when you want it to.  

still has not cleared disney plus sound issue from tv app i see a lot of others are having.  

only other change i did was replace all HDMI with Ultra cables. although none of the set up should need them. in the middle of taking these out just convince myself it was not them.