Join now - be part of our community!

On demand TV apps launch fail KD-55AG8

profile.country.GB.title
SF0000
Explorer

On demand TV apps launch fail KD-55AG8

I’m unable to launch iplayer, itv hub, or 4 on demand from Sony select. Prime and Netflix work fine and internet connection is stable. Iplayer works through my DVD player. Have tried both router restart and tv unplug-restart. Any advice please? Apps are visible but just freeze after they’re clicked...

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Gilly141
Explorer

I’ve started to experience the same issue in the last week on the tv model below. BBC I player is the worst affected. I’m getting an error message that says the memory limit is exceeded. Other apps like Netflix and Amazon Prime are temperamental. My tv is from 2015 so a few years old. I’m also getting an iplayer message saying that the app won’t work from the 10th of March

KDL-50W829B

Same here.

My TV is from April 2016.

The BBC have decided they can’t be bothered updating the iPlayer app for older Sony TVs.

It’s a real shame we can’t be equally arrogant and not bother to pay our TV Licence.

I’m not sure there’s anything we can do.

The BBC do however ask us to contact Sony so I’m not sure if there’s any update to our TVs that Sony could provide to ensure we continue to have access to iPlayer.

Sheer BBC arrogance and lack of customer care 😡